free website stats program Fitting a screaming eagle heavy duty clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

Fitting a screaming eagle heavy duty clutch

trikerman

I have recently had clutch slipping on my 2000 - 1450 Road King Classic, so I have fitted the screaming eagle heavy duty clutch, now I had a problem as there were 9 fibre plates and 8 steele plates in original. When I came to fit the screaming eagle plates I could only get 8 fibre plates and 7 steele plates to go in, could anyone tell me if this is correct. I won't be able to road test trike untill I finish work tomorrow, as it is dark and 9-35 pm here in the UK.
Kind regards,
John.

I think you should go back and check your install sequence. When I did mine I used all the plates in the kit. Same # in ,same # out. Make sure your first plate starts in the correct orientation. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, Hobbit & TymToPla, Found out the problem this afternoon, Right at the back of the clutch there was 2 narrow plates 1 flat and the second convex, I've removed these and all the plates have gone in, took it for a test drive and it's great, gear change is also a lot quieter.
Regards,
John.

Back