free website stats program first thing you do? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

first thing you do?

The first thing that I did after getting home was call the dealer to tell them that I was missing the gas cap to my new 09 Road Glide. They were very apologetic. It looks like they forgot to put the cap back on when they filled up the bike for me to take home. The salesman drove the 25 miles to my house to personally deliver it to me. Great customer service at Santa Maria Harley Davidson.

The second thing that I did was to visit my dealer a few days later to get the little rubber boot that fits over the 09 Road Glide odometer button. Not sure if it was missing when I bought the bike or lost it while riding the first 250 miles. Dealer gave it to me without charge.

I next went to my dealer to get the Stage 1 upgrade (air filter and map upgrade) and the SE pipes that are legal in California. My dealer gave me a 10% discount on the upgrade since I ordered the parts when I bought the bike. (I also got the 10% discount on anything I bought in the store on the same day I bought the bike. I stocked up on clothes and cleaning supplies.)

Since then, I've replaced the windshield with a Clearview windshield (with the Goldwing vent), replaced the gas cap cover and derby cover with Live to Ride covers, got floor board extenders, and saddlebag luggage.

I gave it a thorough wash/wax. Then took some pics! Then I had a JD with a fine cigar to finish off the setting. :D
Ugly John

Originally Posted by gregski
remove the reflectors.

+1 and add small plate
Actually the first thing I did when I got home was, put the stand down, turn her off and go to the John. I almost didn't make it because it had been a long paper signing final deal thing. Then I got on her and rode another 100 miles or so.

After putting it in the living room ( waiting for papers ),
ordered ape hangers for me, backrest for the wife,
then grabbed the camera and a beer :)

I am wondering what the first thing you do to your bike when you buy it and get it home?

Well considering it started to poor rain whilest on my way home....
I spent about 2 hours drying and recleaning the bike. Then I took alot of pictures and drooled a little :D

Mine was electronic cruise control

I was thinking of doing this on my 09 train, which do you recommend I go with? List the website if possible.

Or should I just have the dealer do it?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing added would be the engine guard if bike comes without one? Need it for the road pegs for comfort... then start a must add list and do something every week until bike is like I want it. :D

On a brand new 08 FLHT I tore out the engine, tranny and cluch and rebuilt it the way I wanted it. 110", DD6, Barnet, cams, SE heads P&P'd, 53mm TB, forged rods and 10:1 pistons, high flow intake, true duels, SE pro tuner... and just for fun turned it into a "Panhead".

Last edited:
Back