free website stats program First Road Trip | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

First Road Trip

Flipper, riding with or without the jacket doesn't amke you cool. But you & your hubby riding Harleys.....NOW THAT'S COOL !!!!!!:newsmile075:

LOL!!! Thanks 92FXRS! My husband really thinks it's cool. He rode (Honda) when he was in high school and college and then pretty much set it aside to farm. His dream came true last year when he got his Ultra. Never in a million years did I think I'd ever have my own, but ......... well, you just never say "never." I am thrilled beyond belief to have my own Harley. On June 6 we will celebrate 25 years of marriage and our first year of riding bikes. Yep, that IS cool I think.

Solo riding is great, but riding with a partner...that is Nirvana. My gal was a soccer mom who was pretty hard on us..."bikers". After working on her for 2 years she took the MSF course and learned to appreciate and ride those "dangerous motorcycles". She rides a scooter in town and two-up nowadays...but too me it still is the greatest thing ever to "share the joy"! Flipper...it gets even better, the more you ride...ENUOY! :D

Newbie here, too! Road trips are a blast, aren't they!. My queen doesn't ride her own but if I fire up the Ultra, the bike doesn't go unless she is in her seat. We have had several great trips the last couple years and can't wait till the next one. Ride safe!:bigsmiley12:

Flipper - congrats on you and your husbands ride.

Hey - How's the duck hunting around you area in MS. We have hunted in/around Tunica MS for years. We maybe able to get together and shoot some duck and ride.

If you go duck hunting WHILE riding, better have a one handed lever action shotgun like the Terminator...LOL:D

Well, I've got it set up so I can shoot my camera while riding, but I just can't quickly adjust my aim. That would pose a big problem with duck hunting and riding. :mgun (That's the only smiley I saw with a gun.)

Yeah the Harley would not do too good in the rice and soybean fields but after hunting is over you have to have something to do.

Congrats flipper! But watch out, that will only wet your appetite for longer and longer rides.:D

Jack, you are so RIGHT!!!! I read your "journal" from day 1 to day 25 the other day at work (we were slow). It was AWESOME!!!!! I will go back and read it again and again. I am so glad y'all made it safe and had such a great time!

Back