free website stats program First Problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

First Problem

I must be missing something. Turning the screw does not seem to be the problem. The way I read it whatever the screw is attached to is turning and the screw won't back out. Holding whatever the screw is attached to and keeping it from turning would be the solution. If you can't hold the part than maybe the impact wrench will give it the shock to break it loose. Am I just not getting the problem?

That is Why they are saying to Pull Down,,,,More tension on what IS turning inside (just like you think Don)

The impact along with Pulling down (added pressure) will work Like suggested... Rat-tat-tat-tat giving sharper torque.:small3d023:

signed....BUBBIE

I must be missing something. Turning the screw does not seem to be the problem. The way I read it whatever the screw is attached to is turning and the screw won't back out. Holding whatever the screw is attached to and keeping it from turning would be the solution. If you can't hold the part than maybe the impact wrench will give it the shock to break it loose. Am I just not getting the problem?

HDDon you have it right. What I did was I used a wood dowell just alittle larger than the hole in the end of the damping tube. I tapered the end of the dowel so it would begin to fit in the end of the damping tube then tapped it the rest of the way with a hammer. It wedged itself in enough to hold everthing in place and the screw came out. Thank for all the help. You guys are great.

IMG_0775_zps9a6f740c.jpg
[/IMG]

HDDon you have it right. What I did was I used a wood dowell just alittle larger than the hole in the end of the damping tube. I tapered the end of the dowel so it would begin to fit in the end of the damping tube then tapped it the rest of the way with a hammer. It wedged itself in enough to hold everthing in place and the screw came out. Thank for all the help. You guys are great.

IMG_0775_zps9a6f740c.jpg
[/IMG]

Geezer what a great solution. Someone else will benefit from your ingenuity.

Back