free website stats program First look at 2011 bikes has been changed | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

First look at 2011 bikes has been changed

I am in favor of a water cooled vtwin touring bike. I don't think they would drop the air cooled line for some time. Just makes our older bikes worth more. Let's wait and see!!

I would buy a water cooled, V-Rod powered Ultra.

Take your pick, there are lots of add ons to get that and here are a bunch of pictures of them

v rod bagger - Google Search

I like my air cooled Ultra too, but I think people are going to be surprised at how many hard core HD riders will be trading in theirs for a liquid cooled if they ever come out.

Think about all the extra power you will get, no more over heating issues, all the engine mods etc. I bet some people who say never will be some of the first to convert.

I plan on keeping the one I have, but if they came out I would take a very hard look at them if I was in the market for another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for that Road Glide Ultra. If it comes in the form of a water cooled engine like the V Rod, so much the better. Those V Rod baggers just look right IMHO. I especially like the orange and silver with flames, tour pack and all.

I really don't see what the fuss is over liquid cooled

I've owned 2 V65's and a V-Max and they're liquid cooled and got just as hot as the air cooled bikes. Sitting in traffic when the fans would come on and the heat being blown back at you was awful. At least air cooled ones the heat just goes up.
I suppose if I wanted a liquid cooled HD then I would just buy a V-Rod and add the necessary stuff. People told HD they wanted liquid cooled, and we got the V-Rod. What else do you want them to make?

I'd love to see a water cooled Ultra Classic. The V-Rod puts out 122 HP and 85FtLbs of torque. Pretty impressive for an American-Built 1250cc V-twin. Hopefully they'll "pretty up" that motor a little bit though cause my opinion of it is it's butt-ugly the way it is. Yeah, I know..."If you want a water cooled touring bike, buy a Gold Wing." Unfortunately, (ahem...), many have, and they are NOT bad bikes. Smooth, no vibration, fully shrouded engine so the heat is not an issue, and all the bells and whistles (and then a few more) than anything out of the York plant. HD Has to get with the times. Eventually us "Milwalkee Vibrator" riders are going to be gone and a new generation of riders riding a new generation of "Geezer Glides" will replace us.

I agree with JimHarvey1. Eventually its going to happen. I bought my specialty tools thinking that if they quit making aircooled I can keep rebuilding mine until there just arent any parts left or i'm dead. I dont' need much more. Its got power, cruise and a baker 6 speed. Pretty much all I wanted. I would like a Woody's removeable fairing and to lower it and put extended bags on. But then I"m done. I think. But ...maybe not. :bigsmiley30:

oh ok :D

oh i forgot smoked LED tail light

i have accessoryitis it very contagious in the HD community LOL i need a Doctor :newsmile105:

Padded cell and key thrown away might just be able to stop you for a wee while :D

Brian

Back