free website stats program Fine Mist of Oil on Regulator | Harley Davidson Forums

Fine Mist of Oil on Regulator

I have an 06 Ultra that is getting a fine mist of oil on the regulator cover.....almost like a spray.......any idea where it could be coming from? I thought it might be from the filter, but I just changed the oil and filter and still getting the light spray of oil.
Tom

I'm thinking some oil from your recent change ran down onto your frame and is now blowing up on the regulator. Clean underneath your bike and see if it goes away. Changing the oil on a touring bike can be messy.

I'm thinking some oil from your recent change ran down onto your frame and is now blowing up on the regulator. Clean underneath your bike and see if it goes away. Changing the oil on a touring bike can be messy.

Good idea - anytime you notice something new happening to your bike, your first though should be, "What have I done recently (maintenance, modifications) that might be contributing to this."

Yeah, if the last oil filter change was not done with proper windage/drain tray that oil gets all over. Even dealers who have the little HD orange ones on their shelves do not use 'em...drives me crazy when I see oil all over the front of an HD...!

Yeah, if the last oil filter change was not done with proper windage/drain tray that oil gets all over. Even dealers who have the little HD orange ones on their shelves do not use 'em...drives me crazy when I see oil all over the front of an HD...!

Yeah, and it is not good for the engine mounts either. Accelerates the deterioration of the elastomer.

TQ

...Problem started right after I installed the chrome regulator cover....not after I changed the oil....I cleaned everything up good, then changed the oil, and wiped everything down again....thought it might have been coming from the filter.....went for a short ride and when I got back, I had another fine mist of oil on the cover....was wondering if it could be coming from the fork oil but I don't see any evidence of this.....can't figure it out, but thought it might be something someone else had experienced over the years.

Please correct me if I am wrong, it seems to me that I saw in another post that you had a OIL TEMP GUAGE installed on your Ultra. Maybe check the fittings for leakage if applicable

Thanks for the feedback.....that's exactly what I'm thinking....I've been out of town and haven't had a chance to check the new oil line yet...........I appreciate all the comments...will check everything again after a good clean up.
Tom

Back