free website stats program Final Bill | Harley Davidson Forums

Final Bill

FXDL4ME

I posted a thread over a month ago about my bike needing a new compensator, inner primary bearing, and all the extras that job required. I was quoted an estimate of $1500. Some of you thought that was high, some didn't. Anyway, I finally picked up the bike yesterday, and here's the bill:

118598637_10223560431622417_8776350095818106891_n_bf04d5e8205d00e2781a77e94af4112681eea74c.jpg

Truthfully, I was pleased. What do you think?

Considering the amount of work involved, the bill sounds reasonable. If you are back in the wind, you will soon forget the ante.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Talked to the owner of the shop, here is what he explained to me:

I looked at your bill and it was billed out properly. The Transmission Reseal Price includes all seals, gaskets, race, fluid and also the labor which is the majority of the service. We charge this out as a kit and don't bill it out separately. The labor portion of the Trans Reseal is 4 hours @ $80/hr ($320 in labor). I hope they explained this to you when you got the estimate for the job.

Total labor for all of the work you had done to your bike from the mechanic was 6.5 Hours but we only billed you for 6 hours total (Trans Reseal 4 hrs + 2 hrs for the additional work). If you have any additional questions please feel free to call me or stop in. I am here today from 9-3

We appreciate your business and I hope this cleared up any confusion.

Back