free website stats program Fillng tank on 09 FL's | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fillng tank on 09 FL's

Well, believe it or not, all gas pumps are not the same. In my area, the pressure on the pumps is so high that no matter how careful you are, you get spits or the final splash. Other areas I have been to, the pressure is very low. So, no problems filling. The McCuff works well enough, if used properly. Around here, with the high pressure pumps, it works well. With lower pressure pumps, you have to squeeze the handle more to attain the pressure to trip the shut off. If you don't, then you'll spill out over your tank.

I take My Time when filling the Bike, sometimes it will come up and on the Tank a lil, No Big Deal to Wipe up a lil Gas, it does not happen all the Time, I watch the Tank and Squeeze the Nozzle Gently, Some Nozzles are more sensitive than others.

The mccuff worx great.... not everyone may want to try it, thats cool. don't try it even once if it aint for you.

its a tool, sort of like you can unscrew a bolt with your hand, or you can use a wrench. This mccuff thing makes filling up a breeze is all. And I am guilty of having oveflowed before.... once looking at a hotty at the station and not paying attention. :small3d023: but also cause of those stupid pumps.

it just makes things better, when the state or the gov don't keep us bikers in mind when designing these darn nozzles!!

FIX THE NOZZLES for us bikers pleeeez

:newsmile047:

Back