free website stats program FI Problem? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FI Problem?

If it were the line in the tank, it would be consistent and happen on a reoccurring basis.

Best bet is take your credit card and go see the dealer.:newsmile093:

OK, the bike is fixed! Turns out the whole problem was in the Bell. The anti-gremlin sensors had gone bad and the bike was seriously compromised. A new bell promptly got rid of all the gremlins which completely cleared up the problems.

Now the truth.....

After a couple of hours of analyzing codes, the problem turned out to be a faulty engine heat sensor. The mechanic replaced it, and all was well. He tested it with a meter and got zero readings at any temperature.

I took it to an indy who had an analyzer and a dyno, and in the process, he dyno'd the bike and it's running as good as it gets.

The total cost for the several hours of diagnosing, test riding, the new sensor, and the dyno itself, was $231. I don't believe I could have had that much work done at the dealer for double the amount. And he did it in two days. With no appt. And he's 15 minutes from the house. And he's a nice guy, to boot.

I couldn't be more pleased.

I'd also shown him the comments from Glider and others, and he agreed that they were right on with their suggestions. Thanks guys, you were very helpful.

Glad it's fixed, but did this bike ever show a code?

He said it did, but I didn't see it. He said that the engine light doesn't stay on after the bike is started, even if the code is current. I thought that a current code leaves the light on all the time and an historical code has the light come on for a few seconds and then go out.

When he put it on the Scanalyser, it did show codes. So, the short answer to your question is I don't know.

Back