free website stats program Felt good to be back riding | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Felt good to be back riding

Took The Redhead for 50 mile ride today, she is still a bit afraid of riding the trike herself

Jack,

Just My thoughts:

I know when I first rode a 3 wheeler, I never felt Comfortable to TURN the handlebars the direction the trike was to go... PLUS Hard to turn feel...Maybe the newer ones are easier?

That MUST take time as that is a change in Riding Habits...

How are you doing with THAT change?

Might take her a lot of short easy, Out of traffic rides to gain Confidence...:D

She will though...

A Happy New Year to all who read here...

signed....BUBBIE

And same to you Sir Bubbie!!!!!

I have always thought of how hard is it to redirect your thinking when riding a trike at first. So the first time a rode a Can Am it was quite interesting.

Wow your set up! Yeah all those extra's extend the season no doubt.
Yea all the heated stuff doesn't help when old man winter returned 21F here this am in OHIO , but im going to take a picture & post it of the guy who rides his sportster all winter long no matter how cold it is here in Wooster , Ohio - either crazy or has no idea its that cold out !!

After far too many nasty rain days then Christmas with the families, it felt great to be back on the bike again today. Mid 70's with full sunshine felt incredible, what a blessing to have such a great bike, health, and weather to enjoy it. Having a battery tender sure has been a life saver also. There are some parts to getting older that really are nice.

I agree on the battery tender. I rode the day after Christmas but it had been a few weeks before that. This last time when I pulled the bike out of the corner I noticed the tender was charging. Then I noticed my switch was in auxiliary. I must have left it there from last ride when I pulled in the garage and left tunes on. Thank goodness it fired up. So what else is there to do but go for a couple hour ride to charge it.

WELL,

I have a full NEW Hip...

The left one was installed on Nov 21st...
I told geezer (Ron) I would be riding BEFORE Christmas...

December 22ond was the Day... One month and one day After Surgery, I put on 125 miles on the King.
I Dressed looking like a Dough Boy but Nice to get out. Had to stay Warm...
(Sunny day and 61* by afternoon)...

I did set My Goals to GO out Before Christmas and had NO problem with riding and handling my King.

Part of my daily exercise 3 weeks after Surgery was Out to the Garage "On the Bike then Off the bike". Only once the first time then REPEAT more often Daily.

FINALLY I backed it out and turn on the Key.... VAROOOOOOM, then Potato-Potato....... YOU know that BEAUTIFUL SOUND........:panic

That Ride was WORTH all the PAIN i felt after Surgery.

Me not using Drugs for YEARS (EH Jack)....:s
I Quit the morphine and oxy early on... Dec 4th... 10 days out...

I would not suggest this for the faint hearted..... Advil Does NOT do the full job.

WELL, It IS what it IS...:newsmile03:

I feel the LOVE for Riding as my Primary ability to Heal Early On.

That first PAIN FREE ride was Just what the Doctor DIDN'T Order :D :tounge

signed.... a grateful BUBBIE

You've come a long way in a short time my friend. Your need to ride again and as soon as possible is probably the reason you made sure you did your exercises to get back in shape. I wasn't sure if you would be back on the King by Christmas but I know you well enough to never bet against you. :D

This is Great news Bubbie, I am happy for you, now ride on and know your limits, I dont have to worry bout putting my feet down but you do, be safe:s

Back