free website stats program FATBOY wheels | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FATBOY wheels

I ride with the windshield on and off. Notice the wind around 18 wheelers with the shield on, but with it off never feel that much of a turbulence change. I like the look of the solid wheel and the ease of cleaning.

Well, like I said, I have rode for the last 4 years and have owned a Honda Shadow and a Yamaha road star and jsut never noticed the crosswinds as bad until now owning a FATBOY. I think I will go ahead and look for the chrome solid wheels.

Thanks for all of the input and advice. CHILLMAN378, is that your bike in your avatar? That is nice looking, post some pics.

Well, like I said, I have rode for the last 4 years and have owned a Honda Shadow and a Yamaha road star and jsut never noticed the crosswinds as bad until now owning a FATBOY. I think I will go ahead and look for the chrome solid wheels.

Thanks for all of the input and advice. CHILLMAN378, is that your bike in your avatar? That is nice looking, post some pics.

Yes it is...it's a '97....If you want to save a few bucks look into having your wheels polished in stead of buying chromed.

I don't have many pics of the bike....Separated with the ex...she has the camera and my good computer with all my pics. This pic is before I put the Hooker Troublemakers on.

th_bike007.jpg

Attachments

• l_ad62748aa8a9604cb690dbeec1c8f328.jpg
    l_ad62748aa8a9604cb690dbeec1c8f328.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
The solid wheel myth is bunk.....I haven't noticed any reduction in cross wind effect with the wheels you see below vice the solid wheels when they were on it......

1025-261216692008.jpg

1025-1542714932008.jpg

I rode my 02 fatty with the solids about a year then put on the HD five star wheels,, can't tell a difference in the wind, same ride., long as the wheels point down it's all good.

Okay, I have to get in on this one...
So many people are talking about how these wheels can take flight and you'd be crazy to own one...

I own the 2008 Fatboy...

I just had my 2500 mile service check @ AmericanEagleHD in Corinth, TX...

We had 40 MPH winds last weekend, Gusting to 50 mph...
So thought it would be a lot of fun riding in the wind...

I had the strongest head wind on the way home (with windshield, loads of fun)... This is absolutely the best bike I have ever rode and after my 2500 mile service, I'll never ever sale her... She's an incredible bike, the 200 rear wheel offers a lot of mercy, hard to explain unless you get this bike... I'd even recommend this to a first time rider, it is so easy to control its incredible... I know that sounds crazy, but this bike is the easiest bike in the world to control...

But all that to say this... A couple of months after owning the bike, I got hit with a 90 degree right gust... I was in a right lean and was pushed hard to the left about 6 inches...
At the time I thought for sure the wheels caught air...

But really I just got hit by a gust and let the bike go left a bit... Not a big deal really... But thought about it to much at the time, thinking what everyone had told me must have been true...

I live in Texas and we get some crazy winds here from time to time...

But speaking from experience... Those wheels are cutting through air nicely... But now a windshield at 100 mph in high gusty winds on a 2 lane road is very interesting... lol

I was really surprised when I bought mine to learn that is is just a myth. From my personal experience there is no doubt in my mind. There is no difference with a Fatboy than with another bike.

Back