free website stats program Famous Harley Riders | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Famous Harley Riders

My father. I hold no extra respect or admiration for any actor, politician, sports figure etc. The good ones are only good at what they do ( and many times, not even that so much)
My father was the greatest at being a dad, a man of honor and integrity. I wouldn't bother to even turn around to see a 'celeb'. I would trade the rest of my years to just be able to see and talk with my dad again.

Jay Leno, I even got to tour his garage. Two hours in the garage and you still feel like you haven't seen everything. Whether you like him or not, he knows his Harleys.
I rode to the Rock Store once. That is a hundred miles from me. They say if you want to see entertainment people on bikes that is the spot in SoCal. None there the day I went, but I did see some characters. :D
If you want to consider Kevin Harvick (Nascar) star material, he has a white and black softail. He lives not far from me and used to ride it often, but he might be living in N.C. more now. It has been a while since I have seen him.
Since he and Casey Mears are locals to my town (Bakersfield) I do root for him when he drives. So, I am hoping he can have some luck in the Chase and win the title. It would be nice for my area. We are not known for Nascar drivers other than Harvick and Mears. I saw where Carl Edwards won a XR Sportster as part of the trophy at a race not long ago. Harley do more sponsoring of Nascar.

Rode with Ben Night Horse Campbell once. I think I said his name correctly. He was a Senator or Congressman a few years back.
And once we ran into Ollie North in a Gas Station while he was fueling up his Motor Home enroute to a Political Rally Campaigning to run for Senate.
He wanted to take and ride my Springer to the rally which was only a couple of miles away. I would have let him, but he didn't have a Bike License and his security detail wasn't cool on the idea.
Oh and I thought I heard that Pres. OBAMA owns a Harley.
Oh I've been corrected, if he has his way, soon he will own all of our Harleys! LOL can you say Harley Tax.

> Famous Harley Riders >

Met Mert Lawell at the San Jose 1/2 mile track back in the 60's.

Sorry misspelled his name it's Mert Lawwill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Costner also owns Jake's restaurant in Deadwood, he rides a fair amount since his parents live close by. We always have one dinner at Jake's every time at Sturgis.

In the UK we have a few ex Football(soccer) stars Ian Wright(ex Arsenal,palace,West Ham)his son Shaun(current Man City,ex chelsea)has a trike.

i remember ian wright when he was presenting on talksport talking about harleys saying shaun & wayne bridge both had trikes. due to the fact they are both professional footballers the clubs insurance policy will not allow them to ride on two wheels & as they wanted to be on a harley they got trikes instead.

on the above insurance issue, it obviously didnt bother carlo cudicini as he got knocked off his bmw in london last december whilst still playing for spurs.

Back