free website stats program Extending H-D warranty? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Extending H-D warranty?

One dealer is telling us it has to be in the 24 month period and one is saying the 27 month period. Right now on Harley website it says our warranty is still in effect until 4/1/10

From what I have heard, if your warranty from the factory is over, most dealers will not sell you a warranty and others will charge you much too much $$$ for it then but chances are it's not from Harley .

I am not making myself clear I guess. We have a factory warranty. They add 3 months on if you buy your bike during the worst winter months. So our warranty from Harley was for 27 months instead of 24. We have a warranty still in effect from HD but are getting conflicting answers about whether it can still be extended.

Is the additional 3 months a dealer add on or a MOCO add on? This may be the deciding factor. In any case I would decide what to do in the 24 month period just to be safe.

I've got to agree with glider on when you should purchase an extension of your warranty. I think it safe to say you should consider what you plan on doing with the bike down the road. Mods, chopping, bobbing etc. These things may void some of the warranty coverage. Some say all. I have changed the pipes, breather and put Dyno Link Race Tuner on mind. This would most likely void any top end warranty. Argument would, I'm sure follow bottom end problems. So that only leaves the tranny. Then I have to ask my self if it would actually be worth the investment. I have talked to those that have purchased the extended warranty and never used it, those that haven't and needed it. I probably won't. I'd rather put the money in the bank for any repairs that may be needed. Use it toward a new bike down the road. Just my 2 cents.

There's always the option of money back on the warranty if not used at the time of sale.

I got a return but the dealer where I bought the bike upstate kept the money until I inquired about it , then they sent me a check. Real reputable place :D

There's always the option of money back on the warranty if not used at the time of sale.

I got a return but the dealer where I bought the bike upstate kept the money until I inquired about it , then they sent me a check. Real reputable place :D

Do they give it all back or only a percentage?

Only a percentage. I really don't know how they figure out what gets returned but it is in their favor.

Back