free website stats program Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust

cuznjed

I am looking at some Sampson pipes, they come with O2 sensor ports, but they recommend a high flow air filter also, will I have to get the system remapped to handle these pipes and high flow air filter?????????? 08 FXDC :33:

I am looking at some Sampson pipes, they come with O2 sensor ports, but they recommend a high flow air filter also, will I have to get the system remapped to handle these pipes and high flow air filter?????????? 08 FXDC :33:

I'm new to all this, but from what I've read, if you upgrade to stage I high flow a/c for your EFI bike, which is same setup as my FXDF, your ECM will need to be remapped.

Do a search in HD website for p/n 29406-08 (www.harleydavidson.com)

The following is copied/pasted from the p/n description:

Screamin' Eagle® Stage I Air Cleaner Kit - Twin Cam Models

Kit features a one-piece cast back plate with integral breather and mounting brackets for simplified installation, and an air cleaner element that does not require oiling. If you want more torque from your Twin Cam-equipped model, this kit provides a freer breathing capability to pump-up the power of your EFI-equipped motorcycle. This kit includes air cleaner, breather, and all required hardware. Street legal when used with stock mufflers. All EFI-equipped models require ECM calibration (priced separately). Regulatory approvals pending for '08 models.

Hope this helps. If my info is incorrect, like I said, just getting started, I'm sure if I'm off someone will steer us in the right direction.

Your bike has the 02 sensors in the pipes but they do not richen the mixture enough to satisfy the proper fuel/air ratios with the intake and exhaust. I would recommend a tuner to richen it up. Even the downloads from HD will be lean for your combination. The downloads are made for use with the HD parts, once you change to a different brand, all bets are off.

Your bike is running lean - stock! Add a Hi flow Sampson pipe and free breathing air cleaner ( Just buy the SE air cleaner as parts without the junk paper filter and get a 0800HD K&N air-filter and you'll save $25+) . The HD "down loads are a joke, buy a tuner your there DynaJets Power Commander has bunches of maps for Sampson pipes, which will save you dyno time or for best results a few passes on the dyno will be needed. Another option is one of the replacement CPU's with wide band O2 sensors that can make a much wider than stock range of adj.

Hey thanks you guys, I really appreciate it. I am real nervous about changing anything cause I dont want to mess anything up. You guys a great be safe!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello i have the same bike just fitted V&H bigshots staggered plus a fuel pack.But no one makes a performance air filter yet for the 2008 bikes

Shouldn't be long till they retool for the larger throttle bodies and come out with a unit that fits the 08 bikes. I guess the figure it's no hurry because they will sell when it comes out.

Hello i have the same bike just fitted V&H bigshots staggered plus a fuel pack.But no one makes a performance air filter yet for the 2008 bikes

HEY CRABS LET ME KOW HOW IT WORKS FOR YA! i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT: hii

Back