free website stats program Exhaust studs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust studs

I agree soak it down and use heat. Man that is a bad deal, just be careful not to make it worse. That is in a horrible spot especially if you have to redrill them. I do not always agree with sending things to the dealer, but they have the jig to redrill those, it may be worth the investment to just pony up and pay the dealer. But if you try it yourself I wish you all the luck in the world.

Ive had this happen to me before on cars, if you cannot get a stud remover or double nut. and have access to a welder you can weld a bolt to the stud and turn it out that way it will not hurt the cyclinder head to do this. I use this method as a last resort. Another way is to center puch the end of the stud and drill a small whole in it and use a easy out. You can get a easy out at most parts stores or sears. Don,t buy a cheap one it will break also. Hope this helps:newsmile04:

this is something like widget said above, i have used a special welding rod called stud Plus. it don't cost much at all, and works like a dream, its at your local welding supply,
you stick a nut over the stud , crank welder to specs of rod, and just arc it into the nut it'll fill and ,and the weld it self starts bond asap and looks like it is comeback out of nut, which is good, its bonded them, let cool and use 1/2 or 9/16 to remove, its very easy and this is what i was designed to do. good luck!!

this is something like widget said above, i have used a special welding rod called stud Plus. it don't cost much at all, and works like a dream, its at your local welding supply,
you stick a nut over the stud , crank welder to specs of rod, and just arc it into the nut it'll fill and ,and the weld it self starts bond asap and looks like it is comeback out of nut, which is good, its bonded them, let cool and use 1/2 or 9/16 to remove, its very easy and this is what i was designed to do. good luck!!

Now That is one cool trick!

first time i saw it done, i was totally amazed, i've done it 2 times my self , if done right, it'll get it done!!!!

Back