free website stats program Exhaust Pipe Blueing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Pipe Blueing

The stage 1 will help, but to cool it off, you're going to have to add fuel. You'll want to think about adding a Power Commander or SERT

07RK;
I don't get why your '07 runs so hot. I have an '04 Classic with big bore kit, SE 203 cams, Teclusion fule module, K&N air cleaner, free flow slash downs, and the H-D cooler.
Up to 80 deg ambient she sits on 180-185 F. Above this it will heat up to 205 to maybe 220; but thats about it.
I get in the mid 40's mpg. I can get 325 km on a tank (200 miles) routinely. Once I could not find gas for a while and wound up with 345 km (215 miles); but I was on fumes when I gased up.
Rod

07RK;
I don't get why your '07 runs so hot. I have an '04 Classic with big bore kit, SE 203 cams, Teclusion fule module, K&N air cleaner, free flow slash downs, and the H-D cooler.
Up to 80 deg ambient she sits on 180-185 F. Above this it will heat up to 205 to maybe 220; but thats about it.
I get in the mid 40's mpg. I can get 325 km on a tank (200 miles) routinely. Once I could not find gas for a while and wound up with 345 km (215 miles); but I was on fumes when I gased up.
Rod

It has a lot to do with the cam profiles and the lean mixtures for EPA requirements. A change of cams with a tuner and stage 1 along with exhaust will make a big difference in the 96 engines.
Not only this but the oiling system had piston jets that squirt oil on the bottom of the pistons, this acts much like a heater for the oil, not a great thing.

Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering what the heck this thread has to do with "Exhaust Pipe Blueing"??

What did I miss?
Rod

Back