free website stats program Evo Case | Harley Davidson Forums

Evo Case

DonM

I need to pick up a new case for my 1984 Evo FXST. I found an Ultima at Demon Cycle that is discounted to about $300 cheaper than the STD and I'm sure much cheaper than S&S.

Anyone with experience with the Ultima Motors or cases?

Thanks
Don

Who's not tight for cash in this time of financial woes?

I'll pick up what's necessary, but can't see paying an extra $300 if the Ultima is a good case.

If I might inquire. Why do you have to replace your engine cases? Compare the differences in price of new cases with the price of getting the engine rebuilt by Harley. If the cases are damaged they will replace with new late model cases for no additional cost. To replace the cases is probably going to cost about the same. Good Luck! Fossil

Then I wouldn't get the satisfaction of doing it myself. That's worth a lot to me. (I'm rebuilding a four barrel 390ci ford to put in my 1950 F2 when I have a perfectly good Fuel Injected 351 in the garage). Also I don't know if they'd like it if I kept the top end and cam I've already put plenty of money into. Good idea though.

Don

The Ultima cases are good...got a buddy thats an Ultima and S&S dealer and says the Ultima's are a quality product. Don't forget your 84 is a bottom breather and its getting harder to find cases with the crank vent in them.

Thanks Caper. It's getting harder to find lots of parts for the '84. Being the first Evo and Softail, many changes were made even between '84 & '86

Back