free website stats program Ethanol gas | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ethanol gas

Every time I have been lucky enough to find Ethanol free fuel for the bike I notice a definite improvement in how she runs :)

Your dealer doesn't know what he's talking about, seafoam is a great product and won't hurt fuel injected engines. I use it all the time in all my gas powered engines and never had any issues.:bigsmiley12:

I'm pretty sure Seafoam also stabilizes the ethanol-water mix as does the Lucas product.

After the recent storms and power outages here, I cleaned/fixed 10 carburetors on generators and pumps for friends. Even with Stabil,Seafoam,MMO etc. in the tank they were still plugged up with a "jello" like gum in them. And just think the taxpayers get to subsidize this junk fuel to the tune of .54 cents a gallon...When I have to store an engine for any length of time I either fill the tank with non-ethanol gas or 100LL aviation fuel.

I also think tax subsidises for ethanol grain does not do anthing except run the cost of grain up. It really doesn't save any consumer money on fuel as opposed to buying straight gas.

However I always run my generator "dry" when I store it since it may sit for years and even the stabilized mix will evaporate and leave a sludge behind. Mine has a PVC tank so I don't have to worry about tank rust.

Every time I have been lucky enough to find Ethanol free fuel for the bike I notice a definite improvement in how she runs :)

They sell non-ethanol fuel at the local lawn mower shop, for $7 a quart, ugh no thanks.

The EPA does not allow ethanol free fuel in counties where they have deemed air quality is not up to standards,they expanded that to include counties that abut those counties. So driving a few hundred miles to get ethanol free fuel is not an option for those folks..

The good ole EPA (Elusive Program for Assets). This is not an argument one way or the other, just sharing a few things I've come to know. Would be pleased to be proved wrong. Don't mean nothing to me, I'm only interested in whatever works.

I've got a friend with so many facts on global warming, and air quality, I wish I could bring them all up but the only ones I remember is that, it's only the big cities that have a smog concentration issue. Most areas do not have that big a concentration of automotive smog. And the 10% ethanol I seriously doubt will make that big a difference even there.

For one years time there is more pollution in the worlds volcanoes, earthquake released gases, cattle "rear end gas" and organic plant waste decay, than all the autos in the entire world put together. This is a known fact all the way back to when Ronald Reagan first made a statement to the fact.

There is a large amount of (media ignored) evidence that the main reason for global warming is largely due to changes in the Sun.

The EPA and more pertinently Al Gore's sponsered Corporation is making millions of dollars selling pollution credits. That's were a small company who doesn't produce beyond a certain limit of pollution each year can sell some of it's allowable credits to big companies allowing the big companies to pollute more. You kinda see the "Assets" part of the deal.

A gallon of Ethanol takes almost a gallon of petroleum to produce. It causes the price of grain to rise due to demand. And what is producing all the made up demand for ethanol ? Why our tax dollar subsidies to the grain farmers of course.

Kinda like the tobacco subsidies of the past if you recall all that insanity.

What are some of the known effects of Ethenol gas on later model Harleys?
I have a 09 Ultra. I use sea foam and Lucas gas treatments. My Ultra has 30k on it and so far runs pretty good.

Thanks

ATTENTION*****ATTENTION*****ATTENTION

If you'll refer to the above quote, which is the original post in this thread, you'll see that many posts are getting off track and too political. They do not address the OP's question at all. Stay on topic and keep the political talk on another forum please!

Hey Jack, I appreciate a list of non-ethanol gas stations - I have that list for me here near the Baton Rouge area. Problem is, when I need gas, I can't drive around looking for gas without ethanol - sorta like driving down the Interstate and taking the next exit ramp to the gas station - most likely has ethanol -- but I need gas now. so I think the list is ONLY good for gassing up Near ones house,

JMO but thanks for the info. (edit) I only wish ALL major stations had to have both pumps available to the public.

Bill

Back