free website stats program engine wine | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

engine wine

It does indeed work well under pressure. The ATF used in Chrysler's new 9 speed is good for the life of the unit. There isn't even a dipstick on that transmission.

MOPAR has used this NO dipstick for years now, as far as lifetime fluid, I am skepitical at best on this one, IMO ALL fluid degrades over time JMO

Although an interesting choice that seems to work, I'm not sure I would go that route on my Heritage. This turned out to be a good informative thread.

time will tell....many old timers say no problem .. so far i like it...im not a fan of using as much harley stuff as most. a lot of there stuff is cheap . made from the cheapest stuff that they can obtain , but sold at three times what its worth. notice it dosent say who where or whats in there fluids. HUMMMMM why is that whats the big secret? i would like an answer to that! PLEASE.
some people are die hard harley stuff and thats ok but not me i like to try stuff if it works cool if it dont then im rebuilding .

MOPAR has used this NO dipstick for years now, as far as lifetime fluid, I am skepitical at best on this one, IMO ALL fluid degrades over time JMO

I believe the 62TE was the first without a dipstick, but, if memory is correct, it still had a specified service interval...and I share your skepticism regarding the viability of a "lifetime" oil.

on mine milage was 3500 between this change all the rest have been 5000 +or - 300 miles. im at 33323 now i thought it was 31000. then i looked at the gauge. i keep a log of everything ive done to the scoot date time type of fluids how much, what color it was, what was found in fluids (i drain in clean pans ) but stuff falls in from the bottom of bike. sand ect. so far its running great no whining yet.

OK , only thing realy can you pin-point the problem/whining when you changed out all 3 the same time . Good luck & hope its all good !!

yup. if its a bearing going out im sure it will show its ugly face soon.
ill keep my ears open. ill post back if it starts up again,but so far so good . Thanks every one. :D

Back