free website stats program Engine Vibration 08 Deluxe? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Vibration 08 Deluxe?

Well, after riding on saturday and letting one of my friends who runs a local shop take the bike for a test ride, all is fine. It just so happens that my straight cut 5th gear causes the vibration at certain conditions of rpm. My friend (mechanic) said not to worry about it at all. Its a common thing with early 6 speed tranny. He said there was a permanent fix for this problem, as that would be a kit which is produced to replace 1st and 5th gears to helical cut. But, he also said that running a different tranny lube would be much more cost effective. I'll stick with changing to redline or spectro on my next home service. He indicated that harley did a good thing by providing a 6th gear, but failed at realizing helical cut gears are better in the high gears, hence the new bikes have all helical gears. Not knocking harley at all, but I guess all manufacturers go through a learning curve. I could be riding my wifes -K- model, which will shake you off the bike.:bigsmiley20: But she likes it and that's what counts.
I do appreciate all the help from everyone. I feel much more comfortable knowing this is a normal thing for my year (08).
Well, with that said, its off to see what handlebars I want to put on the bike.
I'll post that in another forum. Thanks again for all the help from everyone.

Back