free website stats program Engine Tuners You Would or Wouldn't Recommend | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Tuners You Would or Wouldn't Recommend

Hey Fire guy, Which V&H pipes or slip ons did you install with the fuelpak? What about adding a stage one intake like Screaming Eagle with this? Can the fuelpak compensate for the intake also?
Thanks,

I have the stage 1 download from the dealer. ( and keep it in)V&H addressed this download and has the setting to compensate for that. Go to there web site, put in your info that you have done for your bike and they will have all the settings. Plug the numbers into the fuelpak and your done. No guess work, and no disconnecting of anything to your bike.( smog stuff). I would recommend it to anyone.

Pierce HD in dekalb Illinois WORST Ever never ran right they wouldnt fix it took to Kegals HD in Rockford Perfect

i have a question about what tuner to get for my bike . i have a 09 fat bob . i'm getting either a cycle visions mor-flow air cleaner or a hyper charger . i took the baffles out of the stock mufflers and i might put something back in to give it a little back pressure and quiet it down a little . either way though i need a tune . what should i do ? i really don't want to go to the stealer if i can buy a tuner , like the v&h fuelpak or the tfi . the stock header is 2 into 1 into 2 . please help .

I prefer the TFI for ease of installation, great tech support it you need it and it's all you need for more fuel. No maps or computers to deal with either, very easy to adjust.

I installed a V&H 2 into 1 Propipe, Doherty Machine AC, and a PCIII on my 07 Fatboy. The PCIII came pre-loaded with a map that was supposed to be close for my set-up. It ran very good, but seemed a tad rich. Gas mileage was not so hot. So last month I was at Rossmiers HD in Daytona for Biketoberfest, and decided to take a chance on Speeds Performance. I spent a good bit of time with Wayne (he's the brains of the operation) and his sons. He did a great job with my tune. Bike has more throttle response and runs smoother. I feel it was money well spent. Not sure I would let them rip in to my engine, but for a dynotune they were great. $300 clams seemed to be in the ballpark for this service.

The pre loaded maps in the PC units is close but can be shaped quite a bit more with a competent dyno operator.

I have the Vance & Hines plug-and-play Fuelpak, does exactly what it say's on the box.
The downside should you need to do anything that it does not say on the box...well forget it!
As for customer support for the fuelpak, it is absolutley outrageous, nonexistent for want of a better word, seven e-mails later and I have recieved not one reply...:newsmile055:

i actually had to go to the dealer today to get my de-tachable windsheild . while there i talked to the guy i bought the bike from , he was a mechanic before he went to sales , and he said if it was his bike he would do the dyno tune with the race tuner . it made cense when i was talking to him . the guy knows his stuff he has built a few bikes and like he said , he doesn't consider himself a salesman . he like a biker that sells bikes . cool guy . i figure once the tune is done i won't have to worry about it . i havn't made a concrete decision but i'm leaning towards the race tuner . the only thing i don't like is the price for the whole thing . it's like $700 .

Back