free website stats program Engine temps??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine temps???

08FatBob

I got stuck in some beach traffic today and I as I sat there, and sat there, and sat there, you get the idea, I began to wonder about the temps my engine was at. I've recently finished up some mods as some may have seen in other posts of mine and I was wondering how much I should be wondering about the temps. I just kept thinking that any minute my oil was gonna start to boil. I added a stage 1 SE A/C kit, Rush 2" slipons, and a V&H Fuelpak. Should this be of such concern to me and if so what's the best way for me, someone without access to a temp gun that I know of, to check the engine temps?

I would have switched it off too. If you start to overheat, the first thing you'll hear is a pinging as you start to move. If you drive this route often, maybe an oil temp gauge would be in order. A good synthetic oil will help here too.

I have an 08 Ultra and I did a stage one with
Arlen Ness big Sucker Air Cleaner
Vance and Hines Fuelpak
Python Mufflers
and I also added Amsoil Synthetic oil along with HD Heat management Download and I have sat in traffic for extended periods of time and with the above additions, the bike runs good and doesn't seem to get excessively hot and having the 100% synthetic oil will better protect your motor if it does get to hot.

Back