free website stats program engine quits | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

engine quits

I took cover off cone and see what I guess is the module. It has red and green lights. The wires that I can see look alright, no burnt electrical smell. I took it for a ride with cover off ran good. Stopped back home for about half hour then took it back out and it hesitated after pulling away from stop sign just before shifting to second gear but didn't die. About two miles later it cut out while rolling to stop sign. After stopping I pushed button and started right up and drove about one mile home. I started checking electrical wires and to the left of the cone there is a yellow and green wire with a rubber cover. I pulled up cover checked and one wire connection was loose. I tightened with finger and thumb and took it out again. It ran fine but could only put about five miles on it because of lighting and thunder. The skies opened up as I pulled up my driveway. Hope this was the problem but still going to dealer Monday for service manual so I know what I'm looking at. Probably a good $60.00 investment. Thanks for your help much appreciated.

I took cover off cone and see what I guess is the module. It has red and green lights. The wires that I can see look alright, no burnt electrical smell. I took it for a ride with cover off ran good. Stopped back home for about half hour then took it back out and it hesitated after pulling away from stop sign just before shifting to second gear but didn't die. About two miles later it cut out while rolling to stop sign. After stopping I pushed button and started right up and drove about one mile home. I started checking electrical wires and to the left of the cone there is a yellow and green wire with a rubber cover. I pulled up cover checked and one wire connection was loose. I tightened with finger and thumb and took it out again. It ran fine but could only put about five miles on it because of lighting and thunder. The skies opened up as I pulled up my driveway. Hope this was the problem but still going to dealer Monday for service manual so I know what I'm looking at. Probably a good $60.00 investment. Thanks for your help much appreciated.
What after market ignition is this? Check the wires on the coil yet?

Mine would quit and then fire after sitting awhile a few years ago, turned out it was the circuit breakers would open then reset themselves after awhile. Good luck.

Back