free website stats program Engine Oil Temp ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Oil Temp ?

I think it is important for the people trying to make a current production engine sound like it has a set of cams in it. In your case,, give or take 75 RPM,, I would not think it's a really big deal.

Hoople, very true, I believe it's not a big deal, but enjoyed the conversation. I mostly , in the end, simply wanted the bike to idle a tad lower, and it is. we'll find another subject to discuss before long I'm sure. but thats what we do here, right. thanks again.

Ribeye, if the setting should be 1000 rpm, then I'm only 48 low, surely the T/C is not so fragile that 50 rpms would hurt, and I do appreciate all the comments and imput. asking questions and getting answers & opinons, the harley life. I've seen that
word : "twinkies" used a couple times on hdtimeline. I'm thinking it may apply in ways,
. "a sweetie engine"?

Read what Donnie has to say in the October issue of American Iron very good read

952 at opperating temp won't cause any problems,900 is the lowest you should go.I'm running 1296 cold start,dropping gradualy to 984 opperating temp.that's close to factory settings.

You are forgetting that auto oils are not allowed to use some of the additives motorcycle oils are or in the amounts allowed
one example is ZINC

I am wondering if this is may be slight of hand and just good marketing by The Oil companies now, I will re read The article in American Iron again and suggest all do not saying Donnie is always 100 per cent that said we can never be informed enough when it comes to our passion JMO:s

BTW, "twinkie" in the Goldwing world refers to a rider and passenger who are dressed identically or nearly identically.

I have seen the matching G.W. rider/passenger but did not know they were "twinkies". Is "Hondabaggo" used in the G.W. community, or is it just a term used by outsiders?

Back