free website stats program Engine has metalic BUZZ sound | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine has metalic BUZZ sound

cciementor

Hey folks new to this site and stoked!!

I just started hearing a buzzing vibration sound from around the engine head area when shifting, "letting off gas", and when down shifting at relatively high RPMS. I can also make it happen when I rev it to moderately high RPMs from a parked idle. I stopped by the shop where I bought it today and the mechanic also heard the sound and said I should bring it in for further investigation. Any clues on what may be up with this NEW bike....only 4K miles. Hoping its not serious??

Thanx for any feedback!!!

Welcome to the forum

I would take a look at the heat shields on the pipes. They can drive you crazy when the viabrate or touch something.

I have a 2007 FLHTC and have a similar issue. It sounds like a crinkiling aluminum sound at high RPM's. Was told it was pre-detination, and heat shields loose. Still having the issue and bike is back in shop. I have 45oo miles on mine and the noise started around the 25oo mile mark. Don't have any answers or suggestions just want to get it out there and like yourself find a fix for it. If I hear of one or the shop solves mine I'll be sure to let you know.

Hey folks new to this site and stoked!!

I just started hearing a buzzing vibration sound from around the engine head area when shifting, "letting off gas", and when down shifting at relatively high RPMS. I can also make it happen when I rev it to moderately high RPMs from a parked idle. I stopped by the shop where I bought it today and the mechanic also heard the sound and said I should bring it in for further investigation. Any clues on what may be up with this NEW bike....only 4K miles. Hoping its not serious??

Thanx for any feedback!!!

Have either of you guys tried a higher octane gas if you aren't using it now? Something like 93 for a tankfull and see if it helps. I find my 07 runs better on 91 octane but I'm running a TFI for more fuel and a stage 1 intake too..

Have you ever tried 93 just for comparison and to see if it made a difference in the noise? Trying to rule out ping and detonation as the noise.

Back