free website stats program engine cut out | Harley Davidson Forums

engine cut out

kbreen

I am experiencing engine cut out after initial take off after a cold start and then the bike runs fine.I own a 2006 Ultra Classic and just took it in for the 15,000 mile check up and they flashed the ECM and said the stalling problem was fixed.It continues to have this problem and I don't feel like throwing another $200.00 to my local shop personnel.Anybody have this problem, that can steer me in the right direction to save a buck?:

If you paid $200 to a dealer and it didn't fix it, I would jump up and down on their desk till they did. They will get away with whatever they can if you let them do it.
Take it back and tell them you want it fixed right and that you paid for that already with no results.

Could be an engine temp sensor or a number of other things. It's their duty to hook it up and trouble shoot the problem if they charged you for a fix that didn't work.

I have exactly the same problem--mine started after they did the 60K service--once it's hot it runs fine--I need it fixed before I head to Sturgis

I have a 2003 Ultra with only 7800 miles it runs fine & will just shut off all electrical & power I will sit on the side of road for a minute & it will start back up ( Clock will reset to 12:00 ) Harley dealer kept it for a week & 100 miles later could not get it to duplicate !!!

Back