free website stats program Engine cranks over but won't run when hot | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine cranks over but won't run when hot

if pump is making pressure shouldn't it be ok?

Dead-head a pressure gauge into the output side of the pump directly (before regulator). You should read psi in high 60's & in 70's. That should confirm pump quality.

I myself have not had the problem yet, but heard of hose (#10 in PDF#1) leaking. I have also heard of a warped housing (#18 in PDF#2).

Attachments

• PDF#1.pdf
    77.1 KB · Views: 22
  • PDF#2.pdf
    182.1 KB · Views: 17
Dead-head a pressure gauge into the output side of the pump directly (before regulator). You should read psi in high 60's & in 70's. That should confirm pump quality.

I myself have not had the problem yet, but heard of hose (#10 in PDF#1) leaking. I have also heard of a warped housing (#18 in PDF#2).

Here is some discussion about this problem. Not sure why yours would run OK until hot and then not restart, but that may be the quick-connect as discussed above.

Harley Davidson Community

TQ

follow up and thanks to all that posted help info. been traveling. rebuilt entire fuel tank innards, pump filter hoses etc. Used the fuel pump to pump out gas tanks on lawn mower, generator, and compressor and it is intermittent can't get consistent flow(glad I replaced it and beats trying to syphon old gas from generator)
I'm doing other mods, handlebar, replace air temp gage with oil temp, front forks, broken speaker, tune up, brakes, etc while its 'in the shop'. I'll post after test ride.
Again thanks for all the help!
s

Back