free website stats program electrical problems on my 03 Fatboy | Harley Davidson Forums

electrical problems on my 03 Fatboy

patsox

Hi Guys
While riding my bike the other day I noticed my speedometer and odometer will just cut out then come back sporadically. I am not quite sure what the problem is. I replaced the battery a month or so ago but bike starts up and runs fine.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated
thanks
Sean.

when this happens I lose my directionals altogether. I wonder if it is still recording my mileage? I will go to the link you sent me but while I have your attention is this easy to fix and inexpensive or will this be an early Christnas present to myself.
Thanks
Sean

when this happens I lose my directionals altogether. I wonder if it is still recording my mileage? I will go to the link you sent me but while I have your attention is this easy to fix and inexpensive or will this be an early Christnas present to myself.
Thanks
Sean

One bolt and about $50 will fix it. The mileage will stop also when it is in this condition and so will other systems that rely on the output from this unit.

I notice you said you loose the signals altogether. Do you mean the lights go out completely? That could point to a problem in the ignition switch or wiring to it. Also check your battery terminals to make sure they are clean and tight. If necessary remove them , wire brush the cable end and the battery terminal and reinstall them. Take a look at the terminals on the back of the ignition switch to see if they are corroded also.

Last edited:
Back