free website stats program Electrical HELP | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrical HELP

MASA

i've looked at the help section but haven't found anything that is the same problem i'm having. I've got a pull behind trailer for my 08' Ultra. The wiring i can't figure out. I can't get all 3 lights to work together (blinker, break, running). It's either running & blinker or break and running. Is there a wiring conversion kit out there some place to fix this or is there another way to wire it?

It's just a matter of isolating the different circuits on the trailer.

On the bike the colors for the rear lights are...
Blue wire = Running lights
Purple wire = Brake light (brighter filament)
Black wire = Ground
These are usually found under the seat where they pass through the rear fender.

It may be easier for you if you use a 12V source and ground and probe the plug on the trailer to light the different lights and wire them accordingly to the bike.

Are you using a 6-pin round or 4-pin flat? I don't know about the 4 pin, but with the 6 you should have 5 wires connected- 1 for RT, 1 for LT, 1 for TL (tail), 1 for ground and 1 for brakes (a lot of wiring diagrams for these connectors call that pin 12V)

already had this conversertion kit, when i started hooking up lights for trailer the left side brake & turn quit working.

i got the wiring kit from Werks with a 5 pin hook-up. I've tried all kinds of combinations of wiring but can't seem to find the right one. The lights on the trailer are LED if that makes a difference.

If the lights on the bike are working right,toss the trailer converter you have and buy a powered light converter.The one I install for people is listed for use in a 1998 ford windstar.I have never had a problem and they put no drain on your electrical system.
Your trailer wiring is:White-ground
Yellow-LT/Brake
Green- RT/Brake
Brown-clearance lamps

Hope this helps you out.

I have a 2012 Street Bob. My son put a relocation kit for his turn signals on it. We wired the turn signals and they were color coded. The turn signals work but the running lights don't. Any clues?

Back