free website stats program ElectraGlide Oil Pressure Sensor on a Roadking? | Harley Davidson Forums

ElectraGlide Oil Pressure Sensor on a Roadking?

RibEye

I'm getting ready to do my cam chain tensioners ('03 RKC), going newer hydraulic. I feel that I really should have an oil pressure guage to monitor after such work (replace tensioners, cams, cam plate, inner bearings, and oil pump). I bought the HD oil pressure gauge, but there is no way I'm going to lean on that tiny little hard plastic tube that goes to the gauge. That's all I need is to have that tube get brittle in the sun and break, pumping oil all over creation on a long ride.

I notice in my Service manual that the Electra Glice has an electrical oil pressure sensor, that also provides the go/no-go signal tht the Road King sensor provides. Since it's the same engine, just a different sensor, is there any reason I can't retro-fit my Road King with an Electra Glide oil pressure sensor and gauge? Any body done it?

Enjoy,
Rich P

I'm getting ready to do my cam chain tensioners ('03 RKC), going newer hydraulic. I feel that I really should have an oil pressure guage to monitor after such work (replace tensioners, cams, cam plate, inner bearings, and oil pump). I bought the HD oil pressure gauge, but there is no way I'm going to lean on that tiny little hard plastic tube that goes to the gauge. That's all I need is to have that tube get brittle in the sun and break, pumping oil all over creation on a long ride.

I notice in my Service manual that the Electra Glice has an electrical oil pressure sensor, that also provides the go/no-go signal tht the Road King sensor provides. Since it's the same engine, just a different sensor, is there any reason I can't retro-fit my Road King with an Electra Glide oil pressure sensor and gauge? Any body done it?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Does your RK come with the air temp gauge?

TQ

RK doesn't have a fairing TQ, I don't know where he will mount it
Ken

Might this help????
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J01279.pdf

Like Kemo has stated with no fairing it can not be done, the guage bolts into a socket on the Glides.....

Right. I think dbmg has the best option for your application. The tube here is metal, so you shouldn't have to sweat worrying about a plastic tube decaying over time.

I've seen versions of these gauges on bikes, and they actually look pretty nice. Think I will put one on my EVO when I redo her.

TQ

Back