free website stats program Elbow Grease Discount | Harley Davidson Forums

Elbow Grease Discount

Glider,
Hey, I have heard this is a great upgrade. However, is it true that it cannot be installed on profile laced wheels? Would love to upgrade but, kinda like the laced look. If so, the clatter is not worth new wheels and upgrade.

No softails yet. Just baggers finally.

The axle spacing is different and so is the pulley tooth count.

Glider,
Hey, I have heard this is a great upgrade. However, is it true that it cannot be installed on profile laced wheels? Would love to upgrade but, kinda like the laced look. If so, the clatter is not worth new wheels and upgrade.

I was just looking through the 08 P&A book and it states about the IDS as follows...

Page 461
Fits 07 Touring (except Japanese) models equipped with original equipment and H-D accessory wheels.

I would take that to mean the profile laced wheels as an accessory wheel but check with the dealer first. The wording can be a bit misleading sometimes.

Glider, Thanx for the info. I will be doing some research and will let you know what I find out. Now, beginning to wish I had gotten the aluminum rims, For two reasons, IDS and no tube. Oh well, we see how it turns out. Once again thanks for your time and knowledge.

Glad to help out and will be curious as to the outcome myself. I think it will fit the profile myself.

I also like the option of plugging a tire to get you home on the mags.

Back