free website stats program efi | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

efi

Installed gen 3, went for small scoot, stock a/c/ and exhaust,,,new ones on their way...but the bike seems to be running less stressful, if i can use that terminolgy..easier to get up to speed. But this is a small ride, will leave all stock settings from gen 3 as it came ,,one or two tank fulls and re-assess..
great day today,,mailman came with my rush exhaust, and then another mailman with my k&n a/c :D

Installed... :sd will take a scoot or two soon as i take my nap..

ok here is the situation,, installed gen 3, then install, rush mufflers.. kept hd a/c untill k&n arrived....took it for a short ride,,bike was warmed slightly,,,

This after noon i installed k&n a/c/ started bike,,,again warmed slightly, in garage ,,twisted throttle to see how my new pipes sound,,,,bike went up a bit in rpm;s then stalled out???? :sd

i will look for troubleshooting as i wait for answers from knowledgeable folk .

when i had the hd a/c in,,this did not happen,,,,only when i put in kn a/c/?
sounds weird,,also i installed the gen 3,,and took the bike for a ride before i put in new exhaust and a/c and the bike ran fine,,lightly warmed up got on and rode..all was fine with lights, ..i will try to change first setting a bit higher tomorrow, see how that goes, then call dobeck if no luck..

Recheck your connections or something you forgot to reinstall.

Well i called dobeck..(chris) he said same thing,,,check fittings, so i did, i was getting a green lt..first light on left,,,and red light on far right...fine, i said to myself,,thats what chris, and glider suggest to check...

Now i took apart connectors 3 times,,over and over,and looked inside conn. etc..:D

tried again,,NO GO...OH man, now what???

so i thought, ok lets back track and see what happens when you remove k&n a/c...ok ...took off A/c and...... (don't laugh to loud):(

but i left a RAG in the intake (so i dont drop anything in there) and in my excitement, to get bike started i left the RAG in there...,,,:newsmile07:

So no conn, problems only installer issues..:sd no harm done,and maybe help someone else who does dumb things like i did...:D

have a nice day,,,time to RIDE...later ...ryd..:small3d028: by doing that gave same program as loose or connector problem..

Well i called dobeck..(chris) he said same thing,,,check fittings, so i did, i was getting a green lt..first light on left,,,and red light on far right...fine, i said to myself,,thats what chris, and glider suggest to check...

Now i took apart connectors 3 times,,over and over,and looked inside conn. etc..:D

tried again,,NO GO...OH man, now what???

so i thought, ok lets back track and see what happens when you remove k&n a/c...ok ...took off A/c and...... (don't laugh to loud):(

but i left a RAG in the intake (so i dont drop anything in there) and in my excitement, to get bike started i left the RAG in there...,,,:newsmile07:

So no conn, problems only installer issues..:sd no harm done,and maybe help someone else who does dumb things like i did...:D

have a nice day,,,time to RIDE...later ...ryd..:small3d028: by doing that gave same program as loose or connector problem..

I Have Heard, there are a FEW out there Who Want to STUFF Rags into their SUV intakes because of the gas prices but YOU are the FIRST to do it on a HD to My knowledge....

Now If you could get that to work to save Just a LITTLE gas......

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Glad you found it.....

signed....BUBBIE

And as I posted in a different thread - thank you for your honesty in telling us about your situation. It will undoubtedly help someone else in the future. That's what makes this such a Great Community - no one laughs or mocks others mistakes. We all share them and learn from one another.

Always check the last thing you did when you turn up with a problem. You usually find the problem. Glad you found the rag, now give that installer the proper punishment being a good long ride.:D

Back