free website stats program EFI Supply line quick disconnect release | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI Supply line quick disconnect release

Srglltt58

The inner o-ring on the supply line is leaking at the high pressure tank end of that fuel line. The HD service manual shows that this is a "quick disconnect" fitting but doesn't say how to disconnect it so that I can get to that that o-ring and change it. Has anyone ever messed with these things that can tell me how to get to that inner o-ring to change it?

Push up on the collar and the line will drop out. I have attached a short video of the R/R valve and o-ring replacement which is informative. Replacing that lower o-ring can be a PITA since the working position is awkward and it is easy to nick the o-ring if wrong tool is used to install. The Fuel Tool MC-400 is a bit pricey but choice of tools and patience is the key to success. The first time I replaced that o-ring, I thought I was done but I nicked the o-ring. Of course, I only had the one o-ring so I had to find another. I learned that is it the same o-ring unsed for the oil pan, transmission drain plug; HD PN 11273 which is 10mmx14mmx2mm and can be found in the metric o-ring packs at Auto Zone or other parts houses. Suggest that you take a picture when finished to check that the o-ring has been correctly installed. Good luck.

Last edited:
20231031_172505.jpg
This is how it is on my 98 Ulta Glide with the early Magnetti - Marelli EFI system. I believe the video you shared is for the quick disconnect on probably the newer Delphi EFI. Thanks anyway.

Attachments

• 20231031_172520.jpg
    20231031_172520.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 0
Your correct, the info and video dolt gave you is for the latter models, That's why it's important to give year, model and any other pertinent information when asking for help. As you can see it makes a big difference.

Definitely would have helped to know year, make and model. However, the procedure is the same; R&R the lower o-ring which is usually the source of the leak. Could be the valve and upper o-ring but 90% of those leaks are the lower o-ring. The o-ring is the same size, 10mmx14mmx2mm. The information in the posted video still has application. IIRC, Fuel Tool also offers a "rebuild" kit for the MM quick disconnects as well. ;)

Back