free website stats program EFI Idle Speed | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI Idle Speed

nicko99

Is it possible to adjust the idle speed on an EFI bike? :confused:

I have a 2006 Wide Glide that I think idles to high.

you can use a SERT to change idle rpm - cold and or hot and how long you get fast idle on a cold engine before it warms up.
I run 900-950rpm idle speed when hot with the cams i'm running in my 06 FXDI, 1100 rpms cold till the head temp reachs 130* then it drops back to 950rpms.
Stock it was 1300rpm cold and 950 hot.

Thanks for the reply NVP.

Being new to the Harley world, can you tell me how/where to get the SERT or what is involved.

Is this something I need to load onto a computer and connect to the bike to somehow program the bike?

Forgive me for sounding like an idiot here.

Nick

Thanks for the reply NVP.

Being new to the Harley world, can you tell me how/where to get the SERT or what is involved.

Is this something I need to load onto a computer and connect to the bike to somehow program the bike?

Forgive me for sounding like an idiot here.

Nick

SERT = Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, Part # 32107-01F
You can get one from any HD dealer or places like M&M ( about 25% less then full retail)
M&M Cycles

4416 Tiffin Ave.

Sandusky Oh 44870

419-624-8739

Fax 419-624-1170

SERT allows you to use your computer to adjust anything on the bike that's computer controlled, plus it has data logging capibilty. And a bunch of "Canned Mapps" .
Other options include Dyno Jets Power Commander but it does not allow all the options that the SERT does. SERT comes with a very good "Read Me" file that will tell you how any and all tuning changes can be made and how to do them.

Thanks for the help. I'll look into the SERT. I was thinking of changing the pipes also and will need it for that.

If you don't want to go for a SERT, the dealer can adjust the idle speed with the digital tech but don't even try to do it yourself in any way. The ECM remembers where it was programmed and will revert back to that setting regardless of what you do .

Mark at M&M cycles is the best!

Back