free website stats program Ear Plugs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ear Plugs

If you can't read THIS...you probably should be wearing them...! :bigsmiley22:

Kidding aside, earplugs (the soft 99 cent ones) should be sufficient to protect you from the long term degradation that occurs if you do not. My hearing is still pretty good, very fortunate that all those Rock and Roll concerts and the use of Koss Pro-Headphones at hi-volume did not do more damage, along with my over 30 years of riding without.

Now that I use a 1/2 coverage helmet, it is a must...just a short stent on my Sporty (with sincere apologies to the lovely sound of my straight drag pipes on the freeway, has my ears are ringing a bit when I pull into the garage without 'em...:small3d015:

I wear a half-helmet, and the best earplug compromise I've found with wind reduction and being able to hear the stereo are the Hocks Noise Breakers, or the Alpine MotoSafe earplugs. Neither are real cheap, but the Hocks are cheaper than the MotoSafe. One advantage on the MotoSafe is you can adjust the amount of noise blocked by changing a small insert in them.

Both of these reduce the wind noise, but still be able to hear traffic and stereo.

YOu might check out earplugsuperstore.com for several optons on earplugs for motorcycles. I've bought several pairs from them, and have received very prompt service.

I also use the Alpine MotoSafe earplugs. They block most of the wind noise, I can actually hear the stereo better on the ultra when wearing them, and my ears don't ring after an all day ride. On the dyna, I use the quieter insert to tame the pipes a little.

Hello all,
I picked up the ones that they form right in your ear. The guy sticks a little ball of cotton in your ear then uses this goofy looking caulking gun and fills your ear. They are not cheap but I really like them. Cuts down on the wind big time but lets me hear the stereo even better than without them.

Back