free website stats program Dyna Neck Bearings | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Neck Bearings

Breeze, I'm on a mission now. My bike only has 7K miles on it but I was thinking of changing the fork oil with the next couple of months. And once the legs are pulled, I would only be an hour away from having the lower triple tree out. From there I would only be an hour away from having a tapped hole and zerk fitting in the neck and only an hour away from having the frame sealed off....and only an hour...and

See how my crazy mind works?:p:p

Hoop, your not crazy you just like to know how things work and improve on that if thats crazy count me in too:s

My brother and I are building a 79 fxs and I know the neck tube on that model is not open to the frame tubes and we are in fact going to add a grease sert on that bike!:57:

Just close it off. Can't be that involved to do it.

Anything short of welding in a light steel filler could cause you a lot of grief. Epoxy or expanding foam as I've seen suggested will not hold the pressure of the grease being pumped into the tube. Epoxy is also water soluble. Not sure how it holds up to petrochemicals.

Just be sure of what you're plugging the tube with.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Yes, your right. The expanding foam probably won't work and won't hold up to the pressure of the grease gun. But the wheels are turning and I can come up with plenty of ways to do it. Just need to have a peak of what is really inside that neck.

But with the weather being so perfect and no rain in sight, it's just too nice to be in the garage.
I am dying to hear the Clank of that gearBox!! :p:p

Back