free website stats program dyna jack blocks | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna jack blocks

And if you are purchasing a jack to lift a Dyna, the J&S jack is designed to fit without using adapters. I put a post on the jack thread about that.

Good info, your right it does get squirmy when you lift it. Tell me more about the J&S jack. On my '09 there are two problems with lifting the bike. One is the oil tank and second, the Jiffy stand. How do they get around not lifting or pressing against the oil tank or Jiffy stand.
I went to the J&S site and it is hard to tell how they do it. The lifting arms seem like they are further apart? Is that how they do it.?

I have purchased 2 jacks and the blocks and I still am not really happy. I wish HD would have welded those "lifting rails" on both sides. They welded 1 but they did not put one near the oil tank which is really where you need it.

Hoople, the J&S jack has two features that enable easily lifting a Dyna. I called the shop and talked to Jim (he is the one riding the bike on the jack in the video). They designed the width of the supports so that they fit in the cross rail on the Ultra. The rear jack support fits behind the small rail that is on the right side of the oil sump on the Dyna (I have both which is why I was interested in how it worked on both types). They also spaced the cross-supports to miss the jiffy stand. The cross member on the jack is recessed so it does not hit the stand as do many of the other designs. Call Jim and tell him what you want. He is very friendly. The jack isn't cheap, but very well made and stable. I bought it because I was constantly worried about the bike falling off of my other jack with the block spacers under the frame. And it really needed two people to correctly position everything to get a safe lift. This one just slides under and up it goes. But if you already have a jack and don't want to buy another, just use three 2X4 blocks and two paint stirrers or something that thickness and you will be OK. Just takes a little manipulating to get everything set.

Nuke, Thanks for the information. It sounds like you have "been there and done that". The J&S does look like a Sweet jack. What kills me is I spent more for the 2 jacks I now have than the price of 1 J&S unit. I hate when that happens!
It sounds like the J&S is well designed and thought out.

Tks!

Agree, I bought one second hand before I knew there was any difference. Price was the only criteria. Reading this site has been so valuable for me to look into other options. There is a wealth of information and experience to leverage here. Glider's recommendations were very helpful in deciding which jack best met my needs.

Back