free website stats program Dunno Know What Happened.....??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunno Know What Happened.....???

joel said:
Any thoughts of what can help reduce the clutch lever resistance would be welcomed.

There are a couple of things you can do, unfortunately one is a bit pricey. There are several EZ pull clutch kits but the only one I would buy is the Mueller Power Clutch kit. It cost about 3X the other kits but that's because it works. Don't waste your money on anything else. The other option is the AIM-Tamichi VPC; a bit pricey but it works. There are also levers that are supposed to lighten clutch pull; never used one and I think "smoke and mirrors". I don't have any issues like you but I like a light clutch pull and I have both on my hot rod Deuce. I did the VPC because the only way I could keep the stock clutch from slipping was to install a heavier spring; not the way I wanted to go, so the VPC; huge difference. Followed up with the Mueller kit and the difference was marginal after the VPC, maybe not worth the time and money but it helped a bit.

I did read up on AIM, it was the lever, master cylinder and slave cylinder kit. Is that the one your recommending?

I did read up on AIM, it was the lever, master cylinder and slave cylinder kit. Is that the one your recommending?

Joel, I may have gotten ahead of myself. All my bikes have been early models; non-hydraulic clutches so not thinking hydraulic clutch which you probably have based on your reply. I was referring, incorrectly for your application, on the AIM-Tamachi Vairable Pressure Clutch (VPC) for non-hydraulic applications; my bad.

As you have discovered, AIM does offer the slave cyiinder kit for your application. There is a good video on the Law Abiding Biker website that covers the install and results. I have run a few VPC on some "built" motors and find their hardware to be of high quality. Based on the video, if I had a hydraulic clutch, I would be purchasing the AIM slave cylinder kit. Keep us posted.

Back