free website stats program Dunno Know What Happened.....??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunno Know What Happened.....???

BuzzCap7

G'day my friends. Been a long time since I posted here so it is GOOD to see y'all and be back.

For years up until 2015 I would ride the 4 corners of the USA and end to end in CA or some combination thereof when all of a sudden it was like someone threw a switch and the desire for the LDRs just went away.

Presently I ride 6 to 7 days a week but only locally.

Anyone "Cold Turkey" stop the LDRs without any reason at all?

BC7

Welcome back! As for your question...I would say the 'answer lies within you.' My follow up question would be how old are you? :D Or maybe you should try a different ride to see if you want to tackle LDR once again. Maybe you had done the same ride until it became (as one of my high school teachers/coaches would say) 'rutine'. ;)

Welcome back! As for your question...I would say the 'answer lies within you.' My follow up question would be how old are you? :D Or maybe you should try a different ride to see if you want to tackle LDR once again. Maybe you had done the same ride until it became (as one of my high school teachers/coaches would say) 'rutine'. ;)

G'day my friend JF, thank you. Gd to be back.

I am in my low to mid 70's. :) (Glad I made it that far.) LOL!

A diff ride aye? Not only have I been pert' much everywhere or at least of any real interest but I was thinking of riding with some older chaps I used to ride with. New places? More single/group rides? 'juss not exciting for me.

LOL.............as I was typing that JF, it popped in my mind what my father used to say abt me. He would say I am into WHIMs BIG TIME! Meaning, I was do any and everything at least once just to try it. Be GOOD at it then drop it. Off to another thing.

(EDIT), even riding. I did NOT mean to ride. I just wanted to get my motorcycle endorsement and that was all. Period. Not ride, not buy a bike, just get the endorsement. Huh........ I understand what you are saying though.

I guess it is just the inner me directing me off to something else. But I do ride locally. TY!! BC7

Last edited by a moderator:
Not cold turkey for me but more lik mission creep ove the last two years. Used to have three bikes, now down to one. Gettng older, the Deuce is getting heavier, my reflexes are not what they were five years ago and I don't feel as secure carving up the twisties these days. However, the desire to ride and that feeling of freedom that we all love lingers so a lighter bike and losing the urge to chase every knee dragger that passes me is the new path for me.;)

I still love everything about being on my bike(s). I don't take long trips anymore as I find my mental alertness deteriorates after several hours/miles. Nothing severe, I just notice that I make small mental errors or get distracted. At 78 I no longer bounce well, so I've backed off.

Not cold turkey for me but more lik mission creep ove the last two years. Used to have three bikes, now down to one. Gettng older, the Deuce is getting heavier, my reflexes are not what they were five years ago and I don't feel as secure carving up the twisties these days. However, the desire to ride and that feeling of freedom that we all love lingers so a lighter bike and losing the urge to chase every knee dragger that passes me is the new path for me.;)
THAT sums up my feelings exactly!
Since my Deluxe fell over on me a couple of years back; and necessitated a back operation and a lot of rehab, I’ve ridden less and have been considering the unthinkable.
I’ve got 5 bikes and NEVER thought I’d ever consider selling any. Never! Way too much backstories with ‘em all.

Now I’m at the point where I often try to defer riding- especially if I can’t get someone to ride with.
It’s too much trouble. Or I can’t be bothered. It’s such a pain to remove the sheets and the bike covers to cycle the bikes for riding. And I absolutely refuse these days to ride without a camera fitted. I have only one and I adapted it to fit all my bikes.
It means though, NO short trips like to a bike shop or run an errand or go see anyone.

To actually ride, I have to move the Wife’s car. Uncover, check and move whatever bike.Mount the camera. Push it outside. Move the car back in.
Now days,I really move my bikes trepidly and with less assurance than previously. The downhill topple helped that- but so does infrequent riding having bikes sit for some time before being moved. I’ve lost the muscle memory.

I’ve ALWAYS been a defensive and courteous rider- but now I’m almost “car slow” through the twisties. Not quite,but almost. And I find I ride with clenched teeth: just concentrating and waiting for idiots to harm me.
In short, it’s become a hassle and a chore.
Funny thing is: when I’m out there arcing ( relatively slowly ) around the corners, I think how wonderful this feels: how great it is to be riding.

THAT sums up my feelings exactly!
Since my Deluxe fell over on me a couple of years back; and necessitated a back operation and a lot of rehab, I’ve ridden less and have been considering the unthinkable.
I’ve got 5 bikes and NEVER thought I’d ever consider selling any. Never! Way too much backstories with ‘em all.

Now I’m at the point where I often try to defer riding- especially if I can’t get someone to ride with.
It’s too much trouble. Or I can’t be bothered. It’s such a pain to remove the sheets and the bike covers to cycle the bikes for riding. And I absolutely refuse these days to ride without a camera fitted. I have only one and I adapted it to fit all my bikes.
It means though, NO short trips like to a bike shop or run an errand or go see anyone.

To actually ride, I have to move the Wife’s car. Uncover, check and move whatever bike.Mount the camera. Push it outside. Move the car back in.
Now days,I really move my bikes trepidly and with less assurance than previously. The downhill topple helped that- but so does infrequent riding having bikes sit for some time before being moved. I’ve lost the muscle memory.

I’ve ALWAYS been a defensive and courteous rider- but now I’m almost “car slow” through the twisties. Not quite,but almost. And I find I ride with clenched teeth: just concentrating and waiting for idiots to harm me.
In short, it’s become a hassle and a chore.
Funny thing is: when I’m out there arcing ( relatively slowly ) around the corners, I think how wonderful this feels: how great it is to be riding.
Hi biscuit,
why don't you sell the lot, and buy a light, friendly bike instead? say a Honda CRF300L or a CMX500Rebel for example. Light and narrow so you can pass along your wife's car easily in the garage; flickable and unthreatening to ride, so you can unclench your teeth and smile; cheap to buy and maintain so you don't need to cover them; and if you drop them, just lift them up again and ride home, they are indestructible (Honda my friend). Less bike = less concern
cheers mate

I stopped and read this post on it's first day when I was searching for information on how to make pulling the clutch lever easier.
3 years ago while pushing a car into my shop I felt a snap in my left wrist.I didn't think too much about it, finished closing and went home to clear the sidewalk and driveway as we had about 5 inches of new snow.
I could only do about 20 feet of the sidewalk when I had to stop because my wrist hurt so bad that I couldn't push the snowblower anymore.
The wrist had a bulge the size of a large grape. It was right on the main blood vain turned out the sheath for the tendon to the thumb was torn, it's been surgically repaired but 3 years later I can only hold a coffee cup for maybe a couple minutes and I have to set it down do to the strain and pain on that tendon.
This pain and the swelling from using the clutch has me leaning towards what may be the cause of my no longer riding a bike life.
Any thoughts of what can help reduce the clutch lever resistance would be welcomed.

I stopped and read this post on it's first day when I was searching for information on how to make pulling the clutch lever easier.
3 years ago while pushing a car into my shop I felt a snap in my left wrist.I didn't think too much about it, finished closing and went home to clear the sidewalk and driveway as we had about 5 inches of new snow.
I could only do about 20 feet of the sidewalk when I had to stop because my wrist hurt so bad that I couldn't push the snowblower anymore.
The wrist had a bulge the size of a large grape. It was right on the main blood vain turned out the sheath for the tendon to the thumb was torn, it's been surgically repaired but 3 years later I can only hold a coffee cup for maybe a couple minutes and I have to set it down do to the strain and pain on that tendon.
This pain and the swelling from using the clutch has me leaning towards what may be the cause of my no longer riding a bike life.
Any thoughts of what can help reduce the clutch lever resistance would be welcomed.
LiveWire Joel

Back