free website stats program Dunlop with or without Harley Logo/Name | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop with or without Harley Logo/Name

The Dunlops "cupped". They looked like something on the rear of a John Derre.They wore so badly the front was replaced at 5K miles and the rear at 9K miles...they replaced the front with out much hassle, the rear took 3 calls and a letter to the factory from a lawyer.....calls to Dunlop were useless, to hear them tell it they didn't have a problem. Sent them pics still ,a dance on the outer end of the phone. There were several post here on the problem.

Cromedome thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you had a problem we hadn't heard about Dunlops. Thanks again.

In addition to my Ultra Classic, i have a 1700 (102 cu in) Yamaha Road Star that i put a fiberglass fairing on and have ridden over 50,000 miles on it. I consider it my beater. I replaced my first set of bridgestones, that came on it, with dunlop. Within about 1,000 miles my front end would go into a wobble every time i loosened my grip on the bars. Took it to the deler (Yamaha) and asked them to check it....they thought the fork tension might have loosened up and tried a bunch of other things. I finally replaced the tire after cupping like was mentioned earler. I but a stock bridgestone back on it and it worked great again with no more problems. Because of that, I'm not a big fan of Dunlop but with a little over 5,000 miles on these factory tires, I've got no gripe so far. Mabe in this case its best to get the "real deal"

Just got through posting a reply on the thread dealing with what tire you run and got to wondering. I know this may sound a little dumb but here goes... Wonder if the Dunlop that comes on a new Harley (has the Harley name on it) is made different or better than the ones without the logo/Harley name. For some reason it seems I heard the #1 tires were sent to the Auto Co. while the rest of the #1's and #2's were sent to stores... Could be wrong... What you think?

Everything you ever wanted to know about Dunlop tires,is here for your reading enjoyment
Dunlop Tire Web Site
While there are several tires that look similar to the H-D logo tires... as you can see... the load ratings vary by quite a lot. You can replace the OEM tires, with Dunlop Elite-3 (on the pre-2009 bikes) or the new "American Elite" (for 2009, and newer touring bikes)

In my experience, I have had my Harley logo Dunlops last a average of 50% more mileage than plain Dunlop 402. I will be sticking with the O.E. type replacement tires.

Well got my answer... There's no difference... Just the Logo... I appreciate all the replies and help with my question... Here their answer...

Good morning Alan,
Thank you for contacting Dunlop Motorcycle.

No difference,......Just the logo..

Should you need any further information or assistance, please call or e-mail us.

regards,
Virginia Gallant
Consumer Affairs
Dunlop Motorcycle & ATV Tire Division

Back