free website stats program Dropped a nut into the bike... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped a nut into the bike...

I was putting the top clip back on my push rod covers when it sprang out and hit some thing. I looked for two days for it. A Harley mechanic found it laying on top of the oil lines coming from the oil cooler. Years back I had glued a pocket watch on the dash of my bike. Took it to the dealer for servicing. The next day the whold shot was staring at me. I paid the bill and was about to walk out to get on my bike when the general manager stopped me and asked me why I had glued a time piece down on the from down tubes of the frame. They had spent all day trying to figure it out and even called the Tech Line. Floria's heat had loosend the glue and it fell off the dash and hit the frame and stuck there.

I hate it when fasteners go flying and end up in my pocket, how does this happen?:p

Pesky little rascals those dropped nuts spent a bit of time looking for one to eventually find it between the cooling fins on the rear of the front cylinder but a telescopic magnetic pickup is a really handy thing to have

Brian

Definitely a LOT of wasted time. I was watching a movie last night and thought I could do this quickly in-between commercials. What was supposed to be a 5-10 min job, ended up taking me 2 hours and a trip to Walmart, as I can't sleep if I know its in there and I'm just not seeing it.

Of course, this does not include the 20 minute pacing back and forth in the garage repeating how stupid that was and checking the same place over and over again on the floor.

I will say this. Had it not been for my jack, I wouldn't have seen it as it was too difficult to get that low. The J&S pays for itself again!

agree good lite n telescopic magnet does the trick,but first you have to spot it ,Ive done this more then once, the worst that can happen is it ends up vibrating it wey on the belt , witch is a long shot, the other is making its wey between the swingarm and trans and if it does you will know your bike will vibrate like you cracked the frame. this I had happen.

Back