free website stats program Driving Light Fuse Blows | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Driving Light Fuse Blows

Glad you found the problem and discovering the nemesis of any troubleshooting or maintenance operation...COLLATERAL DAMAGE...which is the reason we always stress, before you do any operation, do use a SERVICE MANUAL and go over the procedure BEFORE you begin with a pre-inspection to make sure the basic operation of the bike before you begin is okay.

Surprisingly, many techs at your HD dealer do not feel the need to crack the books, do a pre-inspection and put things back as they were because they know "Best". I had mods and safety covers for the fuse block, battery cables and fasteners (I have metal chrome side covers! When I got the bike back all of them were all removed, and they said they would look for them..."never got -em back" and had to buy new ones...they really did not care...

Above all, you do want to start with a properly working motorcycle if possible, so you know the goal when done, is to have it at least where you started with or BETTER. I know this is obvious, but how many times have we (or observed others) who just "jumped right in "--cause we have done it that way before." One repeat mistake can ruin your whole day.

Last edited:
Man I am just glad that I was able to find the problem. I was ready to just give up, but heck, I just kept thinking about going a whole day with no wind in my hair. NOT AN OPTION.

I'm glad you found the problem and got it fixed. Sometimes the best tools you can have are patience and persistence.

Back