free website stats program Driver backrest | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Driver backrest

I own an 08 FatBob and I'd love to get a rest for my back. I love my stock seat. But when I look at these backrests, they are installed for the rider not the driver. I would need one that installs behind the rider but is up far enough for my back. I know I'm not explaining this right. I looked on Harley's site Smitty and they show rests for the Dyna but they install in the back for the rider. Is there one out there were I can keep my seat but extends far enough forward for the driver???

That's what I figured. I don't want to change the seat. It is very comfortable and fits my butt great. The seat dips just enough that my lower butt back sits against the lip on the seat. My butt, not my lower back. I'll still do some checking. I got a feeling if I do find a backrest, it's going to look like crap do to the design. Yea, I know, are you going for looks or comfort. Both to be honest.

Honda has one for the shadow that may work,it has a chrome bar on either side of the seat base and the backrest slides along it,I was parked beside one at Royal Distributing yesterday and it looked like a neat set up.

Back