free website stats program drive train clanking after service | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

drive train clanking after service

DO You Know HE did the adjustment to your specks? Maybe adjusted Looser than he thought also...

I do recall that slide adjuster being a problem at times....... not put into the reverse Files that hold it and Slipping out one lower setting Making it More than the THOUGHT adjustment.

When I did the adjustment on my bike back then before AUTO's:

I would use a long socket and short extension Making Sure I did't DROP the adjuster Down... Best take you time ONCE that adjuster DROPS it is a job getting it to go back up and adjust correctly. (some even take off the primary cover to adjust) NOT necessary though....

The adjuster is like two reversed Bastard Files Locking into each others groves to hold adjustment.

BUGGERS at times.

signed....BUBBIE

Checked the chain and it a good inch or more when bike was warm. Snugged it up a bit and noise seems to be gone. Keeping my fingers crossed.
WAP.gif

Checked the chain and it a good inch or more when bike was warm. Snugged it up a bit and noise seems to be gone. Keeping my fingers crossed.
WAP.gif

That sounds like the problem, Too Loose... :newsmile07:

signed....BUBBIE

Ok the problem is back. Primary chain is adjusted correctly. Only happens when bike is warm and ridden for a while. Get a couple of clunk clunks when i shut the bike off in gear. In neutral its fine no sounds at all. It sounds like its coming from the clutch. Could it be as simple as the clutch needs adjusting? The compensator looked fine a few hundred miles ago with no wear. Any ideas?

Back