free website stats program Dress it up or cover it up?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dress it up or cover it up??

I'm much more of a hardware person.
I like to be able to see what's there.
Many bike owners like to cover things up with Chrome.
I guess it covers some of the clutter but it also covers much of the mechanics.
I tend to like seeing the mechanics.
What do you all think??

I agree. No "extra" chrome or covers except for the heat shields on the pipes, and a "bra" on the front fairing to cover some "boo boo's" the previous owner got. Bra was there when I bought her. Big ole girl needs one!

TQ

Just got back from dropping my XL883L off at the dealers. When I get back from vacation it will have a new custon 4.5 gal tank, a new seat,forward controls and new pegs and grips. It will be like a new bike! So what will I have - a "CustomXL883L"? LOL:eam

Just got back from dropping my XL883L off at the dealers. When I get back from vacation it will have a new custon 4.5 gal tank, a new seat,forward controls and new pegs and grips. It will be like a new bike! So what will I have - a "CustomXL883L"? LOL:eam

What it sounds like to me that you have mrs2cool is a --- very SWEET lookin' scoot!! Have fun on vac. and when you get back on the XL!!! Post a pic of the "new" if ya can!!

Vacations are good, modified bikes are good, what's not to like? Chrome or not, purely a matter of personal taste and maintaining the baseline of why you bought the bike you are customizing. The Sporty is fairly "spartan to start" if you got a roadster...if you got the custom your a chrome dress it up and cover up the "plastic" or "dull". If you got a nightster...you probably are a "minimalist" and want performance, no coverup, lighten and remove extra stuff, and more black the better (for the "understated" bare knuckles look). It's all good in the end...and why very few Harleys stay "stock" YAY! :D

The Sporty was a "Hand-me-down".I've ridden it for almost 2 seasons and was thinking of trading it for a new "something".Funny thing is,the more I rode it, the more I thought "this bike would be okey if it just had this or it just had that". ( chrome and pipes were never on my list) I saved the money from the sale of my Rebel and when my "shopping list" pretty much equalled my money, I decided it was time. THEN, lo and behold, My dealer had a 20% off parts and service sale and I thought "This must be the time!" After 8 days in the Jamaican Sunshine with unlimited drinks and food, I come back to my new bike. (And it's all paid for,non of those nasty payments!):a

Back