free website stats program Don't forget to unlock your handle bars before you take off. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Don't forget to unlock your handle bars before you take off.

One of my bikes is and older model softail that uses a padlock style front wheel lock. I learned the hard way about forgetting to take the padlock off. About 1/2 second after letting out on the clutch, me and the bike were horizontal. No damage other than minor scratches on the crash bar, and ego damage.

Well, look at it this way, you will never do it again, I hope, glad everything was OK, the ego will heal fast!

One of my bikes is and older model softail that uses a padlock style front wheel lock. I learned the hard way about forgetting to take the padlock off. About 1/2 second after letting out on the clutch, me and the bike were horizontal. No damage other than minor scratches on the crash bar, and ego damage.

don't fill bad I have a older sporster and I forgot to take the padlock off, I went
over the hando bars, and I broke few thing from my bike and I got one or two bruses.

I was next to a buddy when he took off and didn't take his disc lock off. Never saw anyones eyes open that wide before. He didn't drop it but came close. We both use the orange squigly thing for a reminder.:small3d031:

When my Streetbob got hit in the parking lot @ work I had the Lock on the rear rotor, it still moved the bike forward about 10 feet before it tipped over glad I was not on it :p

Back