free website stats program Doebeck Rev-tech DFO ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Doebeck Rev-tech DFO ?

Well I took a twenty plus mile ride today and after using the silicone on the mufflers & drilled out clamps, she still pops. I think that I can safely rule out muffler leaks.Hopefully a call to dobeck will help. My settings are 2:30 ,3:30, 3:30 & 4:00. I set the first pot after a warm engine & the throttle set at 2000 rpms. I adjusted it to the smoothest position possible and the others set at Dobecks instruction from there web site. The popping seemed less in the higher gear on down shift from sixth to fifth & more as the lower gears where brought into play. The engine has to warm up before it starts to pops (about three miles).:small3d023:

Questions I have.

When setting pot one, It Does require TOO much fuel Turned on THEN Back it off to the smooth running. Stay to the high side of smooth.
Are you doing that?

When you leave off the throttle are you TOTALLY leaving off the throttle OR do you hold it open a little bit.???

The newer bikes Shut Off the fuel when you leave TOTALLY off the throttle so that should eliminate the popping.

If holding throttle Open a little, it may allow popping.

Try pot 3 at the 3:45 position just to see IF it helps...
You can always move it back..

signed....BUBBIE

Talked to Dobeck And (Matt) they have not yet had the opportunity to test there unit on a 2012 ST Deluxe. He was not sure how to solve the issue or that it could be solved.He will confer with other techs and collect feed back. Matt said that he has another customer with the same bike having the same issues. He will return my call with more info as it comes available.

Some slipons just pop. Particularly the ones that breath most freely. I have a set of Hooker Tuned-Flow. They decel popped from day one. Never caused a problem, just could not tune or seal it away. Hookers just pop. As for yours, I can't say. If after having done all, they still pop, I would not worry too much about it, unless you don't find popping to be cool. I kinda did.

I put on a set of Monster Ovals, and the popping still happens, but you have to listen for it, where you know it happens. The difference is that the popping is internal, and is translated to a burble before it gets out. I believe they all pop. The difference is in how much gets out for public enjoyment.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Dobeck is going to trade out the R-T DFO for a Gen 3. Awesome service cause I bought the unit from a motorcycle shop here in my home town ,not directly from Dobeck. I sure hope this helps. My hats off to Dobeck they did not have to go the extra mile & they did it without me having to ask.That's good old Americana stuff right there for sure.:bigsmiley8:

Dobeck is going to trade out the R-T DFO for a Gen 3. Awesome service cause I bought the unit from a motorcycle shop here in my home town ,not directly from Dobeck. I sure hope this helps. My hats off to Dobeck they did not have to go the extra mile & they did it without me having to ask.That's good old Americana stuff right there for sure.:bigsmiley8:
Good for them and good for you. I'm not at all surprised. They have gone above and beyond for me as well.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Well the dirty deed is installed and the test ride is tomorrow.Install was a breeze & I will report back with the results. I'm excited, the weather is absolute gorgeous. Here is a few pics of the Gen 3 installed.
DSCN1794-vi.jpg

Well today will go down in history of my on going attempt to elevate the decel popping on decel.It has been driving me up the wall since OCT 2011. Dobeck awesome customer service took the REV-Tech DFO that I had installed by a local mechanic & volunteered to replace it with a upgraded Gen ejk 111@ no addition cost. I changed the camps, siliconed the slip-ons, checked out the breather for leaks. I was pulling my hair out in my many attempts to rectify the embarrassing pop pop pop issues. I have a 2012 Softail Deluxe that for the first time did not pop today after I installed the Gen111. I do not rep this company but will go out of my way to shout out there praises. If you are experiencing these issues,stop what the heck you are doing & call them. my god folks the Gen EJK works. I thought that my popping issue would never go away. Thanks a ton Matt, a life time loyal customer.

Back