free website stats program Dobeck vs. Download | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck vs. Download

Both our TFI and GEN3 controllers will work with or without a stage 1 download. With typical stage 1 modifications where the air flow is increased on already lean bikes we have to add quite a bit of fuel to achieve your max performance from the modifications. If you go ahead and have your ECU flashed with the stage 1 download this basically richens up your entire baseline fuel map. However, in most cases it is still not enough and our controller can help fine tune your vehicle.

Our controllers do not "override" the ECU. Our controllers are grouped into what is called "piggy-back" controllers. We monitor the incoming injector signal, make our calculations, and then modify the signal sent out which actually fires the injector.

Bubbie, give us a call.

I have an '09 Heritage Softial classic. I recently added Rush slip-ons (2 in.), had the dealer complete the HD stage 1 download and added a high flow air filter. all eles is stock. It now seems that the bike is running very hot lately. I live in St. Louis and we've been experiencing some high heat lately, but it still seems to run hotter than before the recent additions. Can anyone provide a product recomendation and any additional information? Also, I am interested in how difficult the install is. I am by no means not able to do some basic work on the bike, but if you get too in depth, I may be in over my head. Thoughts?

The dealer download is created for the use of the HD parts and besides is lean in any event even with the HD parts.When you use other after market parts, the map will not be correct for them and will be even leaner (hotter too)

Your best bet is to get a TFI to add some fuel. It will not only run better but cooler too.

TFI Discounted (NEW OFFER) - Harley Davidson Community

Very easy to install and set up too.

I have an '09 Heritage Softial classic. I recently added Rush slip-ons (2 in.), had the dealer complete the HD stage 1 download and added a high flow air filter. all eles is stock. It now seems that the bike is running very hot lately. I live in St. Louis and we've been experiencing some high heat lately, but it still seems to run hotter than before the recent additions. Can anyone provide a product recomendation and any additional information? Also, I am interested in how difficult the install is. I am by no means not able to do some basic work on the bike, but if you get too in depth, I may be in over my head. Thoughts?
llucarelli,

TFI.

You can read a lot about the good and the bad Right here on this Thread.. Nothing is hidden from view.. Most of the installers (members like you) would probably answer ANY question IF you PM them with that Question....

The Techs at Dobecks WILL guide you thru ANY difficulties you may have...Usually Right on the phone with you at the install time..

YES, I too asked questions...Made very EASY by the answers from Chris at Dobecks, on the phone with me at install..

The basic TFI or Gen3 is very easy to install. Many who said the Don't wrench on their bikes Installed TFI and adjusted pot one Perfectly to fit their application and Bike run-ability..... YOU can do it.

The Benefits from using the TFI are Enormous.. IMHO

In your case a COOLER ride, using proper amount of Needed fuel.

Plus, a little more "Kick in the seat of the pants" after installed. You Will notice a difference, a GOOD difference... Many here say so.

My wife (first ride after full stage one and TFI added) asked;

""what did you do ?? I notice LESS Heat..""

Don't forget the 50$ off and Free shipping from Dobecks as a Member Here on HDTimeline.com

signed....BUBBIE

I think it's personal choice but if I were you I would PM Doebeck, tell them your ride and go according to their recommendations. They're very helpful, knowledgeable and easy to work with. Just noticed it's your first post. Welcome although you've been a member for awhile.

We recommend the EJK over the TFI for a couple of reasons:
1). Push button interface over the TFI pots. No screwdriver required.
2). EJK is pre-programmed to our recommended stage 1 settings.
3). Couple more modes of adjustment.

Back