free website stats program Dobeck Tuner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dobeck Tuner

Your settings sound to be way too rich.
Reset at high idle again to make sure it is at it's smoothest at 1800 rpm.
Then turn your accelerator pot down by .5 (red pot)
You can keep turning it down slowly until you feel a difference in acceleration.
This should cure your mileage problems.
I can't wait to try that. Thanks Steve. When I do it I'll let you know the mileage difference. And you're right, it is running too rich. I can smell it when I shut it off in the garage.
Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

I can't wait to try that. Thanks Steve. When I do it I'll let you know the mileage difference. And you're right, it is running too rich. I can smell it when I shut it off in the garage.
Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

No Problem as THIS is ALL good information for ALL to read.

Steve has you on the right track BUT DON"T worry about CALLING Dobecks Support......
***************** 406-388-2377

They WILL help, that is why they are there.. Believe me,,,, THEY want your bike to perform the BEST when using Their Products...:D

CALL Them to HELP You... Just ask for a Tech.

signed....BUBBIE

Steve has you on the right track BUT DON"T worry about CALLING Dobecks Support......

They WILL help, that is why they are there.. Believe me,,,, THEY want your bike to perform the BEST when using Their Products...:D

signed....BUBBIE

as bubbie says....i have nothing but a positive experience talking with them. don't be shy they are VERY helpful

Thanks to all...looks like I'll be making the call to Dobeck's.

When you do call Dobeck, talk to them about the Gen4, or check it out on their website. I have one on my 2010 Ultra and it works great!! With the AFR gauge, you can see whats gong on with your fuel.

I called Dobeck's this morning and talked to Matt and Dallas. Based on their advice, I ordered a Gen 3...should arrive Friday. Looking forward to seeing what a difference it will make.

signed....BUBBIE
Thanks Bubbie, I just got off the phone with Matt about an hr. ago and explained my drop in mileage since having the TFI put on. He was, as you said, very helpful. Thanks God a friend of mine came over my house after work so I could show him because his eyes are a lot better than mine and he adjusted the pot settings while Matt read them to me. We then took the bike for a ride. I wanted to especially descend this hill by my house which was notorious for giving me deceleration pop in the past before the TFI. When I went down that hill and backed off on the throttle I kept my fingers crossed that there wouldn't be any popping like it used to do. There wasn't!! So we done good with the adjustments, as per Matt.The bike sounded and ran excellent. Now the true test will be in the mileage. If I don't get 170 miles to my 5 gal tank that's okay, so long as it runs as good as it is. But I certainly don't want to see the gas gauge light come on at 137 miles! :newsmile055::newsmile055:

Received my Dobeck Gen 3 yesterday, and installed it last night. Only took me approx. 30 minutes, and I'm NOT what I would call a real wrencher. I know just enough to be dangerous. Took the bike out for a short spin and I could immediately tell the difference in throttle response, as well as the way the the bike ran.
I'll be going out for a much longer ride today...looking forward to it!

Back