free website stats program dobeck TFI | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dobeck TFI

works great i installed little bit ago on my 08 RKC

I read the Dobeck website instructions and scratched my head when they made references to the settings at particular RPMs. My 08 RKC has no tach. What was your work around? Calibrated ear?
Somehow, I got the feeling that I will mess up the TFI settings. That's how my home projects usually go. I've just about got the wife trained to call the serviceman first and omit nagging me altogether.:bigsmiley24:

The only setting that is RPM dependent is the #1 pot (green) and it isn't necessary to have a tach to do it. Just set the idle at a higher than stock idle and you will see and hear the engine difference as you adjust it. Then go with the recommended settings (which are usually a bit rich) and adjust it from there.

I read the Dobeck website instructions and scratched my head when they made references to the settings at particular RPMs. My 08 RKC has no tach. What was your work around? Calibrated ear?
Somehow, I got the feeling that I will mess up the TFI settings. That's how my home projects usually go. I've just about got the wife trained to call the serviceman first and omit nagging me altogether.:bigsmiley24:

i cheated and used my snap on timing light with the built in digital Tach and still i had to tweak them from there as the green pot was still to rich setting it by the instructions

You can do either, depending on your tastes. I covered the plugs on the pigtail to keep them clean.

NAPAONLINE®
I once read an article on the oxygen sensors on the H-D being a narrow band perameter, and someone makes a wide band unit which would keep you in regs and still provide you with some flexibility with fuel improvments.

I once read an article on the oxygen sensors on the H-D being a narrow band perameter, and someone makes a wide band unit which would keep you in regs and still provide you with some flexibility with fuel improvments.
I actually sent an e mail to George at Dobeck asking that exact question about 3 weeks ago.I also have to say that at least he did me the courtesy of a reply.Unlike Zippers who have totally ignored my last half dozen or so requests for information or acknowledgement regarding the fittment of rear 02 sensors fouling the seat post.

If this is the way they handle queries,how must they handle warranty claims?
Very disappointing because T/maxes work well and i'm a proponent of their product.

Best with Doebeck is to call George. He's a great guy and you can get an answer immediately

877-764-3337

Back